How would a baby change your life?

NOOOOOOOOOOO London and Manchester are crap, come to teesside and see me. Il get you a parmo!

Hehe, I'm going to london to see family as we have an enormous family getogether and maybe manchester to give DH his way(he wants to see a friend)as we're prob staying with my mum for our hols and he's already fretting it. I'll see if I can squeeze that in, wherabouts is it? xxx

Miles away from where your going lol. Im up neer newcastle.

Why's your oh not looking foward to staying with your mam.

This is a very useful thread! Ever since we've been WTT and even more now that we're TTC, I find myself thinking of how much my life will change when we're gonna have a LO. Less sleep of course but also less time for ourselves... Not that we're doing much (as someone else said we're pretty boring) but just the fact of doing nothing when you got back from work!

I loved reading your answers and it's great to be able to discuss one's fear. We're not telling anyone about TTC so I can't really talk to anyone IRL otherwise they will begin asking questions and stuf...

Moneywise hasn't bothered me, we get more help 'cause we have a baby so we're actually better off... it's the emotional change that's the big one. Not only are my hormones in overdrive, I want MORE babies, but I can't just yet, and the lack of sleep sometimes is a bit too much... it's amazing though, I love being a Mum, even if he whinges at me for love constantly I'm more than happy to give it to him. BUT anyone who thinks it's just money matters that will change needs to think again, it's a massive life changing thing... I can't explain it, but it is. There's alot of things they don't tell you that are bad, but there's also so many rewards they don't tell you too, so it sort of evens out. My old life is so far in the past I can't even remember most of it, it's like a whole new life. Worth it though :)

Moneywise hasn't bothered me, we get more help 'cause we have a baby so we're actually better off... it's the emotional change that's the big one. Not only are my hormones in overdrive, I want MORE babies, but I can't just yet, and the lack of sleep sometimes is a bit too much... it's amazing though, I love being a Mum, even if he whinges at me for love constantly I'm more than happy to give it to him. BUT anyone who thinks it's just money matters that will change needs to think again, it's a massive life changing thing... I can't explain it, but it is. There's alot of things they don't tell you that are bad, but there's also so many rewards they don't tell you too, so it sort of evens out. My old life is so far in the past I can't even remember most of it, it's like a whole new life. Worth it though :)

I've always thought there must be a lot you're not told about being a parent but also imagine the rewards and feel happy beforehand if that makes any sense. I guess I'm so worried about money because I feel it's an issue I can't really do anything about at the mo, the rest I think I'll work it out, specially because of how much I want it.

Miles away from where your going lol. Im up neer newcastle.

Why's your oh not looking foward to staying with your mam.

:dohh:My mum is a great, fun and loving person but very hard to live with. I found it very hard to live with her during my teens and it's all because we are quite similar and therefor clash. Strong personalities also.

Well, Dh is all the contrary, very easy going and never wants to discuss, much less if there's screaming going on. Well he's seen some of our mild discussions and it drives him mad with all the shouting. Usually she goes on and on about something until you give in and say yes so she will stop drilling your brain. I might of inherited the annoying quality but Dh says to stop going on and I do, but she doesn't.

Apart from all this, we haven't gotten our holidays yet this year together. He's had two weeks choosing days depending on what he wanted them for (for example a couple of days for carnival, a couple for Easter...) I still haven't taken mine and will take 2weeks in july and 2weeks in oct. We decided to go to England on the october two weeks,and that would be our this years vacation together. Although we'd only stay for ten days.
My aunt organized the getogether and also looked for accomodation for all of us coming from abroad. She found some big appartements for 150euros the stay but I'd have to stay with my mum in the same appt. and that way save up apart from there not being any more appts for that price.

Also DH isn't a very big "family guy", he loves his family and liked my family when he met them for our wedding. And although they are good fun, they do like getting together quite often when we all meet up. I love it but DH can only stand so much time with the family before he goes up the wall, plus he has to understand London english and Canadian english being spanish. That isn't Dh's idea of our yearly vacation together as we can't get up to anything naughty or just compfy, like walking out of the shower nude and get dressed or normal things like that you do in your own house if you're not with your mum!!!.

I guess there are more things to it and he does try so I apreciate his effort. Even so it's going to happen so I'm just trying to convince him by saying we'll go out on our own to visit the place and will only go to the appt. to sleep...

What do you think???

Sorry about the enormous message, it's hard to explain his point of view... I'll copy and paste it to my journal!!!

I get ya hun. Suppose the language thing is hard and i can understand what you meen about spending your only holiday with your mam. Today is our 3 year aniversary and were sat with Oh's mam as shes now living with us.

I get ya hun. Suppose the language thing is hard and i can understand what you meen about spending your only holiday with your mam. Today is our 3 year aniversary and were sat with Oh's mam as shes now living with us.

Right, it's not exactly fun is it. How are you coping??

I've thought of a solution for my holiday problem but I'll write it on my journal not to bore people. It basically consists on saying we don't have our flights yet and therefor can't take the appt. before the offer is taken back...

xxxxxx

WOW having a baby would change a BIG thing about me...My selfishness! I would have to think of someone elses needs other than my own. This is a good thing, I would have a meaning for life, and someone to care for. Im sure a baby would keep me up at night but....hey who needs sleep..ill sleep when im dead. its not funny but its true

I think those innocent little creatures will take the best out of us: generosity, patience, reverse psycology, to enjoy the tiny moments and to take care of someone 24/7!!!
2ndchance, it's great you are willing to change for little one and realize your mistakes, lots of people don't realize them and therefor can't fix them. Way to go!! xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->