How would you feel if...

Finsmummy

Mum to 2 boys
Reaction score
Your MIL told people your news when you asked her not to (at 9 weeks)?

I would be sooooooooooo mad!!!! My MIL turned up at our wedding and since then I am on edge all the time and dont want her to try take over!! Love her to bits so it is difficult but something I will never forget!!!

xx

I'd tell her since she couldn't respect our wishes, she'll be the last one to know the results of the gender scan!

When we told our family and close friends (early on)- we made it clear this was not news to share with everyone yet... and when my mom really wanted to tell her sisters, she asked me if it was OK first. Really, it's YOUR news to share... not hers... at least not without your permission first.

DH and I made it beyond clear that if she were to say anything to anyone (especially since she works with me) that she would not be included in any other conversations regarding LO until he/she arrives.

My MIL is a gossip whore though and she is the one that twists the truth to make herself look good......or at least she thinks and then turns our making an a$$ of herself.

I would say something to her like our parents would say to us when we were little.....Express that your mad but your even more dissapointed that you can no longer trust what you tell her, so you will now longer share anything with her that you don't want anyone other than whole you tell personally.

Lol id feel just as peed off as i am with MIL, mum and freind/neighbour! these were the 1st three people we told and now the whole world knows, and they have known since 6weeks! i was very peed off about them telling so early, but as weeks have gone on i havnt minded as much, i know they are just as excited as me :)

Ugh I DO NOT handle things like that very well and I think I would be sooo irate IDK what I would do...

i know my mil will twll everyone thats why i am waiting until 3 months...

I would be PISSED! For one it is not her right to tell others, and two you even asked her not to.

My SO's mom did the same thing--I was so upset, then my SO said she maybe did because she is so excited but I am still pissed to bits. I will not tell her the gender nor the hospital I will deliver.

I'm late to reply, but what happened was she told us about our cousin when she was just 4 weeks, and wasnt supposed to tell anyone. Therefore, I know she will do the same to us as she always tells everyones secrets. I think she is so hard and doesnt understand how special it is for us to tell people ourselves. I dont think its her right to do it personally.

Why are mums like this?! They had their bloody children!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->