How would you tell family and friends?

Lirpa11

Reaction score
Hello, I am hoping to conceive in this cycle so I will be expecting by Christmas (fingers crossed).

However, I have a friends bday on December 20 and I am going away for a week with other friends over New Years. As this will be time for alcohol to be flowing, and I won't be partaking (if my plans work out), I will have to tell them a bit early.

As they would be told to stop the questions I'm guessing we should tell my mom and DH mom (if it does happen)...

A bit early I know.... But I know people would start asking questions.

So, how and when would you tell them?

Hi there! First off, is that a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel in your pic? We have a black and tan one :)

Secondly, to answer your question, I think it totally depends on your comfort level about when you tell people. I've been wondering the same thing, as this is our first cycle trying (I'm on cd 3) so if we did manage to get pregnant the first time, I think it'd be really cool to tell our families around the holidays because our siblings will be there who we rarely see. Of course, I'd barely be pregnant by then so I'm not entirely sure how comfortable I would feel telling people. The way I think of it, though, is that it's probably fine to tell people you're pregnant if you would tell them if something bad happened as well. But some people tell the world right away, and thanks okay too, it's totally up to you! I waited until I was 7 weeks (after an early sonogram) to tell the parents, then closer to 14 weeks before telling the rest of my family. Didn't announce to my fb friends until the gender/anatomy scan at 19 weeks.

I'm not planning to tell anyone until after the 12 week scan. Last 2 pregnancies I told close friends and family before scan, this time I'm thinking maybe I'll announce by showing the scan pic. Then again as you say, drinks are flowing around Xmas, may be rumbled on that note :haha:

Well I'd like to wait, but considering I usually do have wine at family and friend gatherings there will be questions.

I thought of saying I'm being healthy, which I am quite healthy but people would still question me. I also thought about saying I can't due to antibiotics or something, but I can't lie to people. Plus if it was me I would be hurt to be lied to. So I'll just let close people in on secret and then hope all goes well.

I agree I would ...... Wait till 12 weeks ..... To tell family and friends. And as for dh ..... I plan om buying a onsie in pink and one in blue wrap the pos hpt wrapped in a bow in a box. And give it to him. Lol I have everything already except a pos hpt lol.

I agree I would ...... Wait till 12 weeks ..... To tell family and friends. And as for dh ..... I plan om buying a onsie in pink and one in blue wrap the pos hpt wrapped in a bow in a box. And give it to him. Lol I have everything already except a pos hpt lol.

That's such a cute idea! I'm gonna have to think of a cute way to tell my OH, he's just as excited as me.

When I fall pregnant again I'll tell family and close friends after a hopefully early scan (8 weeks) then everyone else after 12 weeks :)

:sleep:I told everyone (apart from my immediate family and a close friend) after my 12 week scan. This time however feels different, feel like i want to keep it a secret for longer, as long as i can anyway. If i can get to 16 weeks hiding it i'l be happy.

I seen a lady on Youtube announce to her family through a game of charades at xmas, loved that!

I'd try to wait the 12 weeks. I'd just take a glass of wine and not drink it. That way people will hopefully not ask questions. If they notice you not drinking it just say you just had some or you're not feeling it or something.

When is time for us to tell our family I plan on taking a picture of my bfp and telling my mom to look through my phone at some nice photos I took recently so she'll flip through them and come across the test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->