How would you tell your OH you're pregnant?

gardenofedens

Mommy to Abigail&Aidan
Reaction score
If your OH :hugs: isn't with you when you take your test, do you have a cute plan of how you'll tell him a little :baby: is on the way or would you just come out and say it? What's your plan?

To be honest, because you're supposed to do the test first wee of the morning, he'd pretty much always be there in my case & if I knew I was going to be testing that day, I'd make sure I got up before he left, so I could do the test. I wouldn't want to tell him, I'd want him to find out with me! :)

i have it all planned out in my head just dont know if it will work that way....i dont want to tell him when am testing as his face when its BFN is almost as heartbreaking as the actual BFN. i have already bought a pair of baby socks that say 'i love daddy' and stashed them away where he cant find them. i want to do the test with FMU while hes still sleeping then when i finally get my BFP im going to leave the socks on his table at the side of the bed and just wait for it too click. what about you gardenfedens?

Ooh, that's cute jennahlou! :)

I haven't decided yet since we're technically WTT but tempting fate until our wedding. We both want a baby SO badly, I really hope it doesn't take long!

I had thought I'd have him with me when I take the test but like you said, I think he'd be devastated to see the BFN. I know it would have something to do with flowers since our last name is Edens but I'll have to think about it more to come up with something super cute. :)

My OH said he doesn't want to be with me when I test incase its a BFN. So I would do it just after he leaves for work which is half 6, then probably send him a pic or something, or either wait until the weekend, I don't know. Haven't really thought of how to tell him, but have thought of how to tell the parents :)

Ooh, that's cute jennahlou! :)

I haven't decided yet since we're technically WTT but tempting fate until our wedding. We both want a baby SO badly, I really hope it doesn't take long!

I had thought I'd have him with me when I take the test but like you said, I think he'd be devastated to see the BFN. I know it would have something to do with flowers since our last name is Edens but I'll have to think about it more to come up with something super cute. :)

aww something with flowers...hmmm.... you could always go to the florist and get them to make a bouqet but get them to include the :bfp: or a dummy or maybe some little i love daddy socks. just an idea hun

welsh girl how are you telling the grandparents. i think i know how im doing it just not sure...coz last time they all knew before we said anything anyway lol

:dust: lots and lots of baby dust

I think my mum would most probably know. (because today we were looking at buying a house, she found a new build for £87000, anyway, she was talking then said "you wouldnt be able to have a baby for atleast 3 years" pfft as we wouldnt be paying that much more if we could get a mortgage, but couldnt tell her we had already worked that out hehe)
We were thinking of getting a grandads/nannas taxi for my mum and dad and his mum, and for his dad, a manchester united 'little devil on board' :)

I think my mum would most probably know. (because today we were looking at buying a house, she found a new build for £87000, anyway, she was talking then said "you wouldnt be able to have a baby for atleast 3 years" pfft as we wouldnt be paying that much more if we could get a mortgage, but couldnt tell her we had already worked that out hehe)
We were thinking of getting a grandads/nannas taxi for my mum and dad and his mum, and for his dad, a manchester united 'little devil on board' :)

aww thats cute welsh girl!! i want a really unique way of telling both sets of parents but it means 4 things coz mine and OH's are both seperated. any ideas ladies x x

:dust:

No clue how i'd tell my DH. If he's there when I take the test, I'd tell him right away. As for when he's not, I don't know how I'd tell him. LOL... Haven't given it much thought.

I saw a 'made with love' onesie in Mothercare the other day, so I bought that and a 'Pregnancy for Men' book online... I'm going to give him those!
We've thought about my parents as well - I'll need to tell my mum pretty much straightaway as she's a midwife so she'd end up finding out quickly anyway. We're going to get a 'congratulations, new baby' balloon or maybe a big pink and a big blue one, get them filled with helium and put them in a box for a mystery gift, weighed down with a frame for the first scan and some other bits - that way it's massive and they won't twig until they open the box!

Similarly to jennahlou, I have a pair of booties that say "50% Mummy" on one and "50% Daddy" on the other, I plan on giving them to him and saying "we're gonna be needing these soon!".
I'm currently waiting on results from the doctor from a blood test to see what's going on, as my period is almost 2 weeks late, hopefully he'll be with me when I get the results unless I get a positive from my poas addiction!

aww thats cute..im almost a week late and getting bfn's of my poas addiction. going to try and have a blood test next week xx

I quess it would depend on the day. During the week he is always up and off the work way before I get up and I know I would die waiting ALL day for him to get home. I had thought about texting him a picture of the test. If I tested on the weekend I likely just bring him the stick. I don't think I could be sly about it. I think I'd just blurt it out.

I had loads of ideas but was so shocked and speechless that all I could manage was to walk into the room, hold the test out and say "look". Very profound!

I plan on getting my LO a t-shirt with big sister on it and hope he clicks when he sees it!! xx

My stepmom did that!! My then two year old sister came home from daycare wearing a t-shirt that said "BIG SISTER" on it. My dad and I (age 15) were in the kitchen talking or something, greeted them, didn't even notice it. My stepmom finally had to say "Well????" You could tell she was bursting at the seams for one of us to notice and say something. It was super cute. :)

I would probably take the test when he is at home but if he was at work I would just be boring and text him. He would not be happy if I waited so would want to know right away. I think ideas like a daddy gift are cute though.

I had originally wanted to send him flowers at work - something neutral since we wouldn't know if it was a boy or girl yet (though I'm seriously considering not telling him until 12-15 weeks along because of the high instance of miscarriage I've seen on here! I don't think he could handle it). The flowers would have a "world's greatest dad" or something baby-related. I thought that would be cute but when I hinted at it ages ago when we were planning to WTT until 2013, he declined it immediately. He doesn't want his coworkers and students to find out at the same time he does. Makes sense...so I have to come up with something else. :)

I think I've got it though. I bought him a book called "The Expectant Father" and we already have baby socks (I started buying baby clothes maybe 12-18 months ago! lol) that say "I love Daddy" so I'll give him those along with flowers of some sort. It's frustrating not knowing the gender though - I can't give pink AND blue or he'd think we were having twins. lol

Still some fine tuning but that's my newest idea! :)

Would it be terrible though to not tell him until after I'm out of the woods with the possibility of a MC?

I probably won't be able to hold of telling DH long enough for anything elaborate (plus he can be a little dense and might not figure it out lol). Though as I'm not planning on testing again in future til AF is two days late, I may splurge on a digital to use as a confirmation when I get a :bfp: on another test (as I piac rather than poas, so I'll still have the same pee to use for the digital), then leave it on the bathroom counter and say "honey, I just took a test and I can't work out the result. Would you mind checking it and telling me what you think?"

Also I think I've worked out how to tell the parents, but with one set here in Australia and another set in Canada it will be tricky to get the timing right so they both know at relatively the same time. And also I dunno about just telling DH's parents over the phone. What I want to do for my parents is give them a picture frame with pictures of their parents, them, DH and I in a frame that says "4 generations" and then leave the 4th square empty and write "coming ____" (with the due date). I might be able to do the same for DH's parents, but phone them and let them know we're mailing them something and they need to let us know it's arrived before they can open it, and then call them on skype or something with my parents in the room and then give my parents theirs to open as well. Maybe I'm just thinking more into it than I should be though. Does it really matter if they find out at different times/in different ways?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->