Howdi All!

Cookies

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

Hope you are all doing well? Very exciting to be here!

Anywho... A little bit about myself - I am a 22 year old medical student, I study up in Hull, I am in my 3rd year of studies however took an intercalated year so this is my 4th year at university.

I am also 11 weeks pregnant and very happy now, although completely terrified! I have my dating scan on monday and booking in the week after.

The baby is luckily due during my 4 weeks summer holiday and as I am not entitled to maternity benefits, I resume studies mid August - eek!

The pregnancy wasn't planned and I have only been with my boyfriend for 3 months prior to finding out - he wasn't best pleased to say the least (and still isn't) and after getting fed up of him trying to bribe me with Faith shoes to have an abortion - god forbid - I decided that I will do this without him and made it very clear that he was not needed. He has sinced calmed down and is happy now. He is also a Social Work student, both of our families live miles away and we are not entitled to benefits such as childcare vouchers etc so things are stressfull.... but I am determined to enjoy this as much as possible.

Being a medic kinda sucks in a way, that I know all the 'differential diagnosis' inside out and as a mother - its awful, but if I switch the medic inside me off for a few moments, it can be helpful.

btw finding out I was pregnant was a big shock, partly because I've had endometriosis and it was stressed it would be difficult to conceive naturally, secondly, I have been haveing treatment for bulima for 12months prior to that and my periods were non-existant. But a very lovely shock at that.

So, that was just a quick introduction....

Sparkles
Caz xx

Hi and welcome xx

My you have an awful lot going on but i believe everything happens for a reason.

So CONGRATULATIONS
and the very best of luck to you xx

welcome and congratulations! :)

:hi: Welcome to BnB!!!
Congrats on your pregnancy!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member