Howdy! Newbie here :)

NMichMomma

Mom of one TTC #2
Reaction score
Hello, I am excited to find a group for over 35!!:wohoo: We have been TTC our second kiddo for 3 years--Gulp-- Im 38 so time is a ticking!!

I'm also a recently diagnosed PCOS (Aug) I'm on Metformin (part-time working to full-time...stomach HATES it, but it does work) I start Clomid tomorrow..VERY NERVOUS...I have no idea how to time things or what to do. We conceived DD naturally in 2006 two months after our wedding. Go figure. I have read up a bit on when to take Clomid and how it works. My AF started yesterday so from what I read I can start tomorrow, but is that a good idea...or should I wait untill Day 5? This is where it gets confusing. As for OPK kits what do you suggest?? They are expensive and I need something that is easy to read. Is Pre-seed necessary? I don't have time to order online as this is all coming due so soon. Im sorry, I'm asking a lot of questions.

Well Im very excited to be here, I feel so lucky to have my DD she is my first miracle baby a second would be icing on the cake and a blessing.

Please pardon any typo's etc. Normally Auto-Correct hates me and I it! :dohh:

Hi NMichMomma

I am almost 39 and ttc my first.

I bought a digital OPK on ebay - expensive but I think worth it. Testing sticks are expensive too but it gives me more of an idea when the time is right and I will never get round to measuring temperatures.

I have no knowledge on Clomid - apologies!
But Pre-Seed although it hasn't yet had a positive result it is quite lovely! Some people report that it has worked wonders for them though.

Hi NMichMomma

I'm 36 and on cycle #2 of TTC our first. I am also on Clomid under my fertility doc's care and he has me taking 50mg on cd 5-9. Today is cd 6 so day 2 of the Clomid. Last month I had no side effects from it what so ever, however this month, I am pretty moody and I'm having wicked hot flashes!

We have no option as far as concieving aside from IUI or something more invasive and with my *ahem* "advanced maternal age" ... the doc decided rather than going through temping/opk etc that we would just go with Clomid followed up on CD14 with Ovidrel and IUI 36-40 hours later. He wanted to take this route to "stack the deck" in our favor, partially because historically women over 35 have a harder time conceiving, but also to give us more time if we decide to have a second, which I predict we will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->