Hpv and colposcopy?

Girly123

Reaction score
My last 3 smear tests have come back borderline and now I have been referred for a coloscopy at the hospital. I am really scared. They also detected hpv apparently but it doesn't say anything more specific.

Will they take a biopsy at the colposcopy? Will they tell me there and then any problem or will I be waiting weeks? I already have to wait 2 weeks for the appointment at the hospital still and have been waiting a week so far x

Hi ! :) I had hpv detected about 4 years ago during a smear but nothing has ever been mentioned since..... I also had a colposcopy a few months back, the colposcopy is just the same as a smear except they use a type of telescope thing to look up you and get an enlarged view ( they do not insert it into you) they will have a nosey round and there are several things they could do. They will either decide ther are no abnormal cells and nothing to worry about and you can go home. If there are any abnormalities they can freeze them away there and then, the freezing is just a cold sensations down below and a bit of stomach cramping. I had freezing done for other reasons so I'm not sure about a biopsy and if they would take one whilst your there should you need one so sorry but I can't advise on that one. Just to ore warn though, should you have any freezing done, although it doesn't cause no pain whilst your there, I suffered quite badly for the following 4 days with contraction like pains and didn't get out of bed. Also make sure you take a sanitary towel with you because if they do freeze anything then you will loose a lot of water for a few days so you don't want to be walking out looking like you've wet yourself :) x

And yes they will tell you there and then of there is any problems and if its something simple that can be treated there and then (such as the freezing) then they will do it there and then, it takes about 5 minutes :)

A few years ago I had one abnormal pap and got a coloposcopy. The OBGYN spent like 15 minutes before the proceedure telling me about HPV in full detail and the vaccines. 'Had me worried sick. When he finally got around to actually doing the coloposcopy it took like 30 seconds... He didn't see anything and that was that. Got me all worked up for nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->