HSB test before Clomid question

XPhile

Reaction score
Hey, So...I'm a single person attempting to conceive through donation, i have the donor all signed up, agreement in place and everything I'm just waiting for ovulation to start trying. I went to an obgyn and informed her of my plans and to get pointed in the right direction, i wanted to get clomid to increase my chances since i have very irregular periods. She wants me to do 2 rounds of provera and see if i ovulate first..recently finished my first round but didn't ovulate and starting the 2nd now. Doc said that after the 2nd round she wants me to get an HSB before she prescribes the clomid.

So my question is, is this a normal course of action? from my research of this test its very invasive and its to test for infertility, but until about 3 months ago I hadn't even checked ovulation cycles, and have never tried to conceive and to be blunt IM a virgin so I'm not understanding why i need the test so early on. I'm not sure if i should get a 2nd opinion or go with this plan. I really like her, even though I've only had 1 appt and she's really calming. But like my normal doc i feel like I'm just being effed with.

yeah. im sorry. I was nervous while typing it and i guess i wasnt paying attention. i'm sorry :(

lol That's ok, I thought that is wot u meant but was double checking.

Some docs like to do that test b4 they give u any sort of fertility treatment so I am not surprised that ur doc wants to. The test isn't just done in infertile ladies, it's done on most women seeking fertility treatment.
Maybe u could ask her to do a cpl of rounds of clomid first b4 doing the test nd c how u respond to the clomid inregard to ur cycles regulating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->