HSG and scared

Weebles

Reaction score
I have an HSG scheduled for Monday morning and I'm scared. Not just of the procedure although I'm very nervous about that as well. I had my bloods drawn and the results came back "excellent" so the reasons why we are struggling are narrowing. I'm so worried it's my tubes I just feel sick. When I was in my early 20's my ex was running around but I couldn't put things together until after I ended up in the hospital with a PID infection. That was over 10 years ago but Monday's the day I find out. I don't know what I will do. It's my dream to have children and my (2nd) husband just this past year became ready to try. It's a very real possibility my tubes are blocked and that's been in the back of my mind since that day I was in the ER. Surgery to unblock them doesn't a,ways work and at best opens a small window that soon closes. IVF is not something we could ever afford. I don't want to get into all the things my ex did to me, I am not a hateful person, but if he made me infertile I will be destroyed.

Thought I would update my post in case anyone stumbles across this. It ended up being okay.. There was some difficulty but my tubes are clear.

Hi Weebles!

I've been reading your posts on the August testers thread as well as here, and I'm glad to hear than even though your hsg was painful, everything is clear! Hopefully this means that you'll get your bfp soon! I'm scheduled for one on Thursday, and my RE suspects some blockage, so hopefully this does the trick for both of us! :hugs:

Oh good luck to you too! Painful as it was, it's worth it for a baby. From what I have read it clears blockage 90% of the time. Experiences as far as pain are all different and so I hope yours will be easier.

Thought I would update my post in case anyone stumbles across this. It ended up being okay.. There was some difficulty but my tubes are clear.

That's good to hear. I hear so many stories of ladies falling pg after having an HSG. Fingers and toes all crossed for you.xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->