hsg test..........

shutter40

Reaction score
i have had 2 ectopic on the same tubes.......prior i have a 14yr old, im now 39 and trying to conceive...i have a hsg schedule for tomorrow...i scared about the procedure, also anxious to get pregnant.......what are my chances, have anyone had simular xperience and still conceive?????

Sorry I have no experience just wanted to wish you luck!!

Hi Shutter40

Apart from having the HSG procedure I do not have similar experiences as you in trying to conceive.

However, I can say if you've had a cervical smear test it's similar to that always worse before the event but really not as bad as you're thinking. So in my one the Doc inserted the speculum and then the tubes for the dye which I didn't really feel. When he poured the dye in it did feel like period cramps but that was my own stupid fault. They told me to take two paracetamol before the procedure but I didn't :dohh:

I guess it depends on the person but if you've been through childbirth in any form I think you'll be fine :)

Try to relax as much as you can once your're lying on the bed, deep breathing really helps ib my opinion, and just think this will help you get to your goal and before you know it it'll all be over

I had a HSG and got pregnant that same cycle. The dye would only travel through one tube so i found out i have one blocked tube but still got a bfp.
Unfortunely i lost the baby.
Try not to worry about the procedure. It is a bit uncomfortable but not painful.
Good luck
Xxx

I did mine in April. I took 3 Advil, about an hour before, there was a little pinching, then a little cramping. After I bled and had mild cramps but all bearable..I got pregnant 3 weeks later! Let that relax u...lots of ppl have success after hsg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->