HSG today..

MissBabyBump

Reaction score
So I had an hsg today to check the shape of my uterus and after all the pain and cramping I find out my uterus is or could be slightly bicornate. I am wondering if anyone else has this slight misfortune and did you go on to conceive ok? I have to wait for a doctor to review my report and say what they feel would be the best action to take (if any). I'm just a little nervous!

My history is two first Tri miscarriages...one I actually passed the fetus and the other was a blighted ovum. I'm just trying to get any info possible.. Also I get pregnant easily but my problem was sustaining the pregnancy. Thanks in advance and I'll post a pic of the hsg...

https://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy6/emilyhand/5f5645c1.jpg

I hope this works! I may have double posted cause I clicked on the stupid ad below! Anyway the big white wiener shaped thing under my cervix is the speculum (thing that holds me open). But you can see how the top of the cervix dips down creating a slight bicornate shape (dr told me that). They think it could be possible my previous pregnancies implanted in the smaller "horn" on the right side and the area wasn't expanding properly causing a mc. I'll know more after dr calls with results.

I've got a bicornuate uterus and I also had a BO. I don't think the 2 a related as as far as I'm aware a BO is caused by cromosome abnormlities rather than the structure of the uterus being unable to sustain a baby. I asked at my appointment if a bcu would prevent me having a child and was told it was fairly common and it wouldn't prevent me having a sucessful pregnancy. From what I've read online it may make pregnancy trickier though. Hope to help, I'd never heard of it until a few weeks ago and it's scary when you don't know what it is. Good luck! x

Have you asked in any of the pregnancy forums? Maybe someone there has this and they would be able to tell you about conceiving with this. Good luck!

Thanks ladies! When I get on my computer to get on here again I'll have to post. I'm just nervous to have another mc...I get results hopefully Monday...excited and nervous! Ready for a baby :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->