hsg *update*

raf-wife

Reaction score
hi ladies i have to wait until my next appointment to get my results which will be about 8 weeks because im under the nhs clinic anyway im just wondering if the fact that it was almost completely painless (apart from the needle going in) might be a good sign i went in expecting it to really hurt and it didnt and i dont have a very good pain threshold either im just wondering about other peoples experiences and what there results were

i had a very painful hsg r/t to my cervix being tipped off to the side. results were perfectly clear! i have heard though that if there are blockages it is usually more painful.

Mine was a bit uncomfortable but not a lot worse than a smear test. I had some cramping afterwards (which I milked dramatically to DH) and I could see the dye flushing through both of my tubes clearly - all clear!

I had some pain once they started to pour the dye into my uterus - my stomach just seized up and started crampying badly (like the worst period pain ever) but it didnt last too long. The nurse kept putting the dye in cos the radiographer couldnt see the right tube but then he did and said he saw contrast on both sides - i need to wait for appointment with FS to get the proper results but the radiographer seemed to think it was fine - both tubes clear.

Mine was very uneventful, minus a few twinges and pangs during the procedure and some slight cramping after. Honestly, I was shocked! I had psyched myself up for something MUCH worse. Good luck and I hope everything is clear in there!

well its been over 3 months and i will finally get my results tommorow ive had so long worrying about it. im slightly hopeful though because for the first time this year my af is 1 day late

i found out today that both tubes are badly scarred due to abdominal surgery and its to risky to try and rectify i now have to go for an ultrasound to check if my ovaries are suitable for egg collection and if so we can have self funded ivf it was a bit of a shock but something i had suspected really

really sorry about your news, hopefully now you have some answers you can move forward :hugs:

thanks yeah at least now i know, we have spent 8yrs trying unsucessfully so its better to know and stop thinking im pregnant every few months

Really sorry about your results :hugs: at least you know know what your dealing with and you can focus on what needs to be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->