Hubby is hinting at formula

Maxy1 do you think I should try DS with some thawed milk to check before I go? I'd not thought of anything like that.

I would try with your DH around, it might settle his nerves and is agreat way to start the conversation about it.

DH has been giving LO expressed milk in a bottle every now and then to make sure that he will take it from a bottle. I think that DH feels a bit left out, his DD was bottle fed from birth and he was very involved with feeding as a result. He says he is just winding me up about the formula! I think he is more confident now that there is plenty in the freezer for an average of 10 feeds in 24 hours.

Sounds like you have more than enough and your OH is just messing with you :) You could always point out that switching milks can often make babies windy, grumpy, constipated etc so it'd be much 'safer' for him to keep LO on breastmilk or he might end up with an upset baby to deal with on his own.

I would try a few feeds with the BM to see how LO gets on. You don't want to risk LO not taking a bottle, no matter what is in it!

Update! Went on hen do. Hubby used breast milk. Unfortunately lo guzzled it!

tell him it's one night, the baby is used to your breastmilk and that is what she must have and switching suddenly like that could make her sick. tell him he can drink formula if he wants. then kick him in the nuts...lol sorry but men have no idea how hard it is to ebf and it sucks when they are unsupportive. good luck to you.

edit: read your update, well done! im glad it went well and hope you had fun xx

Hen do was good fun. I don't know why I got so worried about things!!! My next hurdle is convincing OH that LO doesn't need formula at all and that he can just purely have breast milk!!! Right up til having solids.

Will you express more often and let him do feeds? Most of my OH's thoughts about giving LO formula was to give me a break from time to time.

Will you express more often and let him do feeds? Most of my OH's thoughts about giving LO formula was to give me a break from time to time.

He will look after LO for 2 days while I'm back at work next month so he will be feeding him then but I hadn't thought of him doing feeds. As Lo takes quite a lot from a bottle (like 8-10 oz) it makes quite a dent in the store as I can only get 4/5 oz in the morning and 2oz any other time of the day. :(
OH doesn't quite get the on demand thing either. Because LO will rest and then want more or sometimes fall asleep and then wake up and cry for more. Tonight I came back from walking dogs (10mins) and LO was laid on changing mat crying. I picked him up knowing he was hungry and OH said "if he doesn't feed put him straight back on the mat". He seems to think that I cuddle him too much (how else can I feed him) and that I have caused him to just cry for me. I do think there is a bit of jealousy/feeling left out but when he comes home from work all he wants to do is watch TV/ surf the net and LO sits looking at him and making noises to him but doesn't get much of a response. Sorry I'm ranting now and this is not the right thread/ forum for this. :cry:

Hugs xx. Sounds like you both need to sort out your parenting styles....maybe take a parenting class together,...maybe he will learn some things ;)

He will look after LO for 2 days while I'm back at work next month so he will be feeding him then but I hadn't thought of him doing feeds. As Lo takes quite a lot from a bottle (like 8-10 oz) it makes quite a dent in the store as I can only get 4/5 oz in the morning and 2oz any other time of the day. :(
OH doesn't quite get the on demand thing either. Because LO will rest and then want more or sometimes fall asleep and then wake up and cry for more. Tonight I came back from walking dogs (10mins) and LO was laid on changing mat crying. I picked him up knowing he was hungry and OH said "if he doesn't feed put him straight back on the mat". He seems to think that I cuddle him too much (how else can I feed him) and that I have caused him to just cry for me. I do think there is a bit of jealousy/feeling left out but when he comes home from work all he wants to do is watch TV/ surf the net and LO sits looking at him and making noises to him but doesn't get much of a response. Sorry I'm ranting now and this is not the right thread/ forum for this. :cry:

My husband and I have had some similar issues and honestly I think it only helps that I have a daughter and not a son! I think he responds better because he feels she "needs" him... if that makes sense. But there have been some trying times. I am not a fan of crying it out - most the time there is something wrong or she's just overtired and needs to be cuddled/held while crying, etc. It can be tiring but it's important that she calm down and sleep, you know?

The number one thing that drives me nuts though is that he'll just keep sticking the pacifier back in her mouth until she's spit it back out for 5-10 minutes straight and starts crying for food! I've caught him doing this with her a few times and it pisses me off. If she's spit it back out just once or twice she's either hungry or needs a diaper change or something is WRONG. She takes the pacifier if she just needs a soother, and that is the ONLY time she should get it... when all else is already satisfied. He's getting better about this because we've had some talks about it. I have told him that I don't give two s**ts if he hasn't had his breakfast/coffee/shower/newspaper/whatever yet (in most cases it's something stupid though, like surfing the net on his tablet!), he needs to take care of her needs first and then he is allowed to do something else.

MEN! Le sigh.

My husband and I have had some similar issues and honestly I think it only helps that I have a daughter and not a son! I think he responds better because he feels she "needs" him... if that makes sense. But there have been some trying times. I am not a fan of crying it out - most the time there is something wrong or she's just overtired and needs to be cuddled/held while crying, etc. It can be tiring but it's important that she calm down and sleep, you know?

The number one thing that drives me nuts though is that he'll just keep sticking the pacifier back in her mouth until she's spit it back out for 5-10 minutes straight and starts crying for food! I've caught him doing this with her a few times and it pisses me off. If she's spit it back out just once or twice she's either hungry or needs a diaper change or something is WRONG. She takes the pacifier if she just needs a soother, and that is the ONLY time she should get it... when all else is already satisfied. He's getting better about this because we've had some talks about it. I have told him that I don't give two s**ts if he hasn't had his breakfast/coffee/shower/newspaper/whatever yet (in most cases it's something stupid though, like surfing the net on his tablet!), he needs to take care of her needs first and then he is allowed to do something else.

MEN! Le sigh.

So refreshing to hear someone else who understands!!! Thank you. I just needed to vent. He has been better this last couple of days and seen the benefits from LO response to him! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->