Hubby tried to make dinner but failed

blessfull

Reaction score
Was craving lasagne, so hubby said he would make some, so went and spent like £15/20 on ingredients and he came to start cooking, he took out a dish far too big!!!! Like massive and i said it was to big he said it wasnt! So I left him to it, so went to take it out the oven and he had put all the mince of the bottom, all the pasta in the middle and cheese/white sauce on top! He never layered it! Just 3 big thick layers of each, so now the pasta is still hard, the mince is like a rock and the cheese is burnt :haha: it's funny but sad :nope:at the same times, no dinner now and £20 bucks out when money is tight

Trust me it isn't saveable!!! :dohh:

So now I'm starving and our son is having coco pops lol

Awwwwww!

He tried!

But I'd be so mad I didn't get what I was craving!!

U poor thing

This is why I don't let my oh cook! He could burn pasta that fella!

Thats why DF is NEVER allowed in the kitchen :haha: our house would burn down if he cooked lol

Is he normally better in the kitchen than that?

I would have told mine to just get a frozen premade one. As a one time thing, it would have been cheaper.

He has his kitchen moments, and I just shudder at the thought of frozen Pre made meat! Lol don't know why

It makes me incredibly thankful that my hubby can cook. He makes a fab Sunday roast! Aww...at least he tried, though why is it that they never like to take our advice? They always think they know best and are inevitably proven wrong!:dohh:

Those are some expensive ingredients, I don't think we spend more than about £5 when we make lasagne!

He has his kitchen moments, and I just shudder at the thought of frozen Pre made meat! Lol don't know why

I can understand it. It doesn't bother me so much when it's in a premade casserole like lasagna... but I hate using plain, unseasoned meat that was cooked and frozen. I just feel like it doesn't take the seasonings as well.

He tried to be Jamie Oliver and use organi and make his own sauces and also bought jars in case lol

Well credit for trying....lol. Bless him, did he not following a recipe?

No recipe said his mind was a book and it was stored! Yeah.... ;) lol

:haha:
thats to funny! Thankfully, my dh is a chef so we dont have that issue...except when it cones to me! I usually screw up in the kitchen :p

Atleast he tried, but men can be very stubborn and think they know everything and won't listen!! Atleast he'll be better at it next time....or maybe you won't give him "a next time" in the kitchen!!? :haha:

Aww his heart was in the right place!! Sorry u didnt get ur craving :hugs:

Oh bless him for trying! I bet you'll never let him forget his 'special' lasagne, lol!!

Sometimes when I bake it all goes horribly wrong (I tried to make a Fraisier cake once and ended up serving it in a bowl like a trifle!) Hubbie has always been so sweet about it and eats it anyway, telling me that it might not look like it's meant to but it tastes great!

Oh bless him for trying! I bet you'll never let him forget his 'special' lasagne, lol!!

Sometimes when I bake it all goes horribly wrong (I tried to make a Fraisier cake once and ended up serving it in a bowl like a trifle!) Hubbie has always been so sweet about it and eats it anyway, telling me that it might not look like it's meant to but it tastes great!

Actually - this also reminds me of when my sister and I were young and she first made pancakes. She poured all the batter in at once and made, literally, a pan-cake. It took forever to cook through and was basically a big lump of fried batter. Our Dad pissed himself laughing when he saw it!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->