Huddersfield/West Yorkshire New Mums?

LoobyLou75

Mum of 3
Reaction score
I live in Huddersfield and my LO is 8 weeks old. I also have a 19 and a 15 year old.
It'd be nice to chat to anyone locally!

Hi there, I am in Cowlersley and have a son who is 8 months and a daughter who will be 17 this year, how are you finding having a baby after so long? I am enjoying it but finding it tiring!! :)

Hi!

You're at the opposite end to me, I'm in Denby Dale.

I must say this time round I find I have more patience and enjoying it more. Maybe it's because I'm older and wiser where as I was just a teenager before. It is tiring, but worth it :)
We have live in babysitters though!

Denby dale is lovely! I haven't dared let my DD look after M for longer than 1/2 hour so far!! she loves him to bits and is really good with him but her attention span is rubbish and I would worry she wasn't watching him properly!

I agree with that with mine so far. I haven't left Hollie with them, even my 19 year old. Too engrossed with her BF and her mobile! Maybe when she gets older.......

LOL My dd is obsessed with Drama, she has just got a place at the National Youth Theatre in London for 12 days in July and will be off to stay over I am petrified!!! so what do you get up to with Hollie then? do you have many friend with babies?

Aww, that's it isn't it? They grow up and flee the nest. My DD is moving in with her dad to be closer to her BF, we live 40 mins away.
TBH, I haven't done that much with Hollie yet (bad mum!). I went to NCT antenatal classes and met a mum there whose little girl is just 10 days older than Hollie and we meet up occasionally. I keep meaning to go to the local Bumps & Babies but I am so shy that I haven't got round to it yet! I have put us on a waiting list for Waterbabies for the summer term so will see how that progresses.

How about you? Is there much going on your way?

It's early days for you yet so don't feel bad, I go to a singing class at the local surestart centre one morning a week (it's free) and I meet up with a couple of mums from on here and on net mums occasionally, we are starting a baby signing class next week, it's in Edgerton, I am really looking forward to it. Other than that we just have days at home, visit my mum and DH's mum, go to the shops and that's about it!

All sounds good! I'm jealous. Will have to get off my butt and do more. Do you ever go into Huddersfield town much? I haven't been many places on my own with Hollie yet so must venture out more. It's a glorious day today so I may have a wander out. Only lived here a month so will have to see what's round here! Lived in Holmfirth before.

It is nerve wracking going out to begin with, always the worry they will scream their heads off LOL are you breastfeeding? I did for the first 6 weeks exclusively then did half and half and I felt more comfortable going out once I knew I could give him a bottle (I was too embarrassed to feed in public!) We have just been for a walk down to the local park for a go on the swings, M has decided he likes them now after half a dozen goes, the walk back up the hill with the pram is a killer though!, how come you moved from homfirth it's lovely there too!

I was combi feeding up until last week, my milk has dried up :(
We rent and our tenancy was up plus the house was on a main road, not good when you have a baby and need to get them in and out of the car in a car seat! We've always liked this end if Hudds so a house came up and we went for it.
Are you orignally from Golcar then with that being in your username?

I went onto Netmums after reading your post and found it really good. Have registered and have even booked a place on the baby massage course in Edgerton...assume it's the same place you are taking Myles to, Top2Toe?

Aw well you have done well to do it for so long anyway! Yes i grew up in Golcar :) it is top2toe the lady sounds really nice, I did baby massage at a sure start in Birstall and really enjoyed it. Have you been to the shopping place in Denby Dale I forget what it's called but its good and they used to have a play area there?

Yes, she sounds lovely.

No, I haven't. Not sure where that is either, told you we hadn't ventured out much! I will have to have a walk round.
What's cowersley like?We looked at houses in Linthwaite but wasn't sure what the area's like.

It's ok, we live on a main road but it's lovely out the back we have a big garden with a wood at the bottom :)

Sounds nice :)

Our old house backed onto a river and that was nice although I did worry about it flooding on more than one occasion.
We've only lived in Huddersfield for 2 and a half years. I'm from East Yorkshire originally and my hubby's from South Yorkshire. We have moved round a lot due to his job, he works in an industry where you have to go where the work is. I have put my foot down now though, told him i'm happy here!

What does he do for a job? Did you work and are you going back if so? I was a PA/receptionist for a local textile firm but I have quit and am being a stay at home Mum :happydance:

Happy two months Hollie!

hey i live in linthwaite, my OH is from Clayton West though so quite near you, i have a little boy Jesse how is 8months :)

golcarlilly - i have a picture of jess just like that with the pizza hut hat on haha :p xx

hey i live in linthwaite, my OH is from Clayton West though so quite near you, i have a little boy Jesse how is 8months :)

golcarlilly - i have a picture of jess just like that with the pizza hut hat on haha :p xx

Hey did you just move to Linthwaite? my memory is rubbish but I am sure I remember speaking to you about it? Isn't the pizza hat cute!!

Yeah we did talk about it! Your not far from me are you? I kept meaning to to message and suggest we do something one time cus our LOs are the same age, could take them to the park or something :)
I love the pizza hut hat it's so cute haha Jesse loved his first slice of pizza and some garlic bread (his favourite) haha,
like I said iv been meaning to message you but had a lot going on recently just got out of hospital after a mmc :/ xx

Happy two months Hollie!

Thank you!

My hubby is a Graphic Artist. I work as a Secretary in Brighouse and will be going back to work. I'd love to be a SAHM as I will be so upset when I have to go back :cry:

Hi Boothh. So sorry to hear your news. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->