Huddersfield/West Yorkshire New Mums?

Thankyou, I'm not feeling too bad though probably due to all the painkillers they've given me, but I can't really afford to mope around having Jesse to look after! It will probably hit me soon though I suppose,
golcarlilly - I didn't realise our babies were actually so close in age! I just remembered you from the august mummies thread, only one day apart from the look of our tickers x

Louby how long mat leave do you have? are you going back full time?

Booth as I said in my pm so sorry for your MMC it is a horrible thing to have to go through :hugs: we will have to arrange a day out when weather improves and you are fully recovered :) I hadn't realised the babies are the same age almost exactly either - did you have Jesse at Calderdale?

I can take ML for 52 weeks but only taking the 39 you get paid for. Going to try and add some Annual Leave on to it. No, part-time. I will only do 3 days a week. Need to find a nursery.

Hey ladies thought i'd pop in and say hi =)

Im from Almondbury i'm 26 and have Kayden who is nearly 7 and Nathan who is 7 weeks on Wed xx

Just reading back, I'm so sorry to hear about your MMC boothh. Did you have a ERPC in halifax? I did in Feb last year so i understand what you are going through xxx

Hi Aimee! You gave birth exactly 2 weeks after me :) Did you go to Calderdale?

Where did you ladies give birth? Hollie was born in Calderdale Birth Centre. I was going to go to Huddersfield She is my hubby's first baby and he was worried something would go wrong so we had her there instead with the labour ward being upstairs if we needed it.

Yeah I had the erpc at Halifax the staff were amazing though made me feel very at ease,
I had jess at Tameside in Ashton-under-lyne cus we lived in Oldham when he was born, I will be having any future babies at halifax too cus they will most likely be c section after the tear I had with jess! xx

I went to Calderdale cos my DH used to work in theatre at Hudds and he said if you opt for there and something goes wrong it could be fatal as they take so long to transfer between there and Calderdale! I was so worried about the trip down the bypass but it ended up not being during rush hour so we were ok! I had a 3rd degree tear but it was not painful at all unlike when I had an episiotomy with my DD! I am not having any more now so don't need to consider what I would do again :)

Hi Ladies :)

Yeah i had Nathan at Calderdale and he was 10 days late. The midwife i had was fantastic and did a great job.

I didn't want to go to Hudds because of the same reason as above. If anything were to go wrong and you need an emergency operation of special baby care, the journey over can be too long.

Plus i am a wimp and thought i might need an epidural, which i did :haha:

Ouch tears sound painful. I had an episiotomy with my first son who was 9lb 7oz and i think that made this birth easier. Nathan was 8lb 11oz and i didn't tear although his shoulder got stuck.

Hollie's labour was my best one! Started at 4pm after a 2nd sweep and by 8pm she was born! Luckily we got to Calderdale on time. No pain relief. I had a slight tear but it didn't need stitches.

Jesse came on his EDD!I had pethadine, I wasnt in pain really just contractions were uncomfy and I had gas and air through them only time I was in pain was when she broke my waters and the pushing cus the pethadine wore off, my 3rd degree tear wasn't painful, the cord was around jesses neck so he was pretty much ripped put! It took 2hours to sort out! They just said it was weak and the consultant said I'd most likely need a csection cus it would be problematic if I tore again!

Forgot to say I didn't go in til 4am so there wasno traffic even though we lived 30mins from hospital, we went to the cinema during the early stages of labour glad though really cus I was 5cm when first examined!

I was cleaning the kitchen when my first contractions started! They were 2 mins apart but we had some people coming to view our house the next day so the kitchen needed to be cleaned!

It's funny despite what we go through how time makes you forget the full extent of the pain eh? I started in labour at 2am and had M at 2.45pm that day, I managed on just gas and air but then had to go and get an epidural in theatre so they could repair my tear - nice!

Was ok thanks I forgot to bring home my booklet to practice :dohh:

I was worried about the journey over to Halifax with the traffic but i went in with thinking i was leaking fluid and they kept me in overnight anyway as i was booked in for the induction the next morning. Luckily the contractions started while i was there!

First thing hubby said when he was born was 'so when shall we try for the next one?'

Nathan has the cord around his neck too but it was too tight to pull over so i had to push with all my might :( He needed the oxygen and lamps etc.
It is horrible isn't especially after watching one born every minute and knowing the colour he was wasn't right.

What is the baby signing class Golcarlilly? xx

OOh bet that was scary Aimee!! Baby signing teaches the baby to use signs to communicate before they have the ability to speak properly, I am not sure I really like it but going to give it another go this week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->