HUGE baby - place your bets on size ;)

Weird how close ours were based on percentile!
1- 32nd percentile born 39 weeks 6.13
2- 60th percentile born 39 weeks 6.13
3- 74th percentile will be born 39 weeks and I’ll update weight! Lol

Very close! My first was 30th at 3 days over due - 7lb

And second was 65th at 40 weeks, 8lb 4oz

If this baby is expected to be 75th of he makes it to term, I'm thinking 8lb 7oz? Just my little guess :rofl:

It interests me that you guys are told the possible size of your baby at late ultrasounds or even that you get ultrasounds that late in pregnancy. The medical systems in each country differ so much!

I’m in Canada(AB) and unless you are high risk you only get a 12 week(dating) and 20 week (anatomy) ultrasound. I don’t think they estimate size by lbs only by growth percentiles.

I’m going to guess 8lbs 10 oz!

I had growth scans because my pregnancy was high risk hon. They only do them here if ure high risk or there worried. If u have a healthy pregnancy you only get 2 scans. 12 and 20 weeks.

Haha, y'all are lovely with the reassurances about scans being off. I'm with Cewsbaby though. Pretty sure the scan is about right for us - I can feel baby in there, and it is certainly a whopper. Head is down, bum is somewhere up under my boobs, feet tucked back down near its face - yet I can still feel arms punching me in the sides! Waters doing okay but not deep at any point - bump is *all baby*. Plus, we saw it on the scan and it is a bloody chunky one, all chubby cheeks and fat knees...

Like I say, I'm not worried. Well, no more than I was about labour in general. Disappointed about the water thing - they're very concerned about possible caught shoulders and it not even engaging, so sounds like I won't even be allowed to try in the pool, in case it all goes wrong and I need assistance quickly. But hell, get an epidural in me and I'll have a go at pushing the hefty bugger out - and if that doesn't work, I guess it's coming through the sunroof! :rofl:

Lmao hefty bugger I'm here dieing:rofl:
U absolutely make me roll with laughter hon. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

THE RESULTS ARE IN

Baby Sheamus Wynn arrived Monday am, elective section, at 41+3...

8lbs 8oz! Good chunky boy, not overly huge... but very long, and god you should see the feet on him!

Quite a lot of you were very nearly on the money - lots of 8lbs10oz guesses!

received_2445478502235860.jpeg

Awwww congratulations!!! What a cutie! And not the beast we first thought! :rofl: <3

Awwwww he is so cute hon. I love love love his name it really suits him.
He was a good size but not the huge monster like they predicted. Hahaha.
Congratulations funny lady<3

Naww cheers everyone. Well chuffed with him. Section recovery is tough, not gonna lie, but he's worth it.

Yeah, sensible weight in the end, so probably could have gone to 42 weeks before forcing eviction. He's really long though. Gonna tower over his mumma. Also, massive feet. They'd have got stuck on the way out, I'm sure. :rofl:

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1570805100334.jpeg

Hes gorgeous!!! <3<3

Awwwww he is adorable and I love his little outfit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->