huge bump (9wks)

hellohefalump

Reaction score
I am huge...

This is me at 9 weeks:
https://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a7/hellohefalump/DSCF3128.jpg

This is my second pregnancy (last one was only 1 baby) and I haven't had a scan (it's booked for 3rd august) so I don't know if I have more than one baby in there. But I'm just so... big!

I haven't had very bad morning sickness but I've been amazingly tired and very very hungry.

I've put on 3 kilos (6lbs) and I don't eat enough to gain that amount of weight. I've had an eating disorder in the past. Before I concieved I was eating 700 calories a day, and since I found out I was pregnant at 4 weeks, I immediately upped the calories to around 1400. I've been building them up slowly, and I'm now averaging around 2000 (what you're meant to eat). So really, 6lbs weight gain is unexpected.

Also I saw my midwife today and she felt my tummy and said she could definately feel something, although it could have just been my bladder. She tried to find a heartbeat, but couldn't. So she said I'm probably not a month ahead of my dates. - which would be unlikely, because I was on the pill, and I had a period.

So... what do you think? Is being as big as I am a sign of a twin pregnancy?

It could be because this is your second, I think a lot of women show more and earlier with their second

wow. That is a fabulous bump!

I have no idea about the twins theory...will be interesting to find out!!

oohh I am either 9 or 10 weeks and nowhere near that big lol am very jealous and hoping they are both still growing lol xxxxxxxxxxx

My next scan is 3rd August tooo

Even with twins, I didn't start showing until about 15 weeks.

lovely bump never known anyone to show that early with only one altho there was one girl one here who gets massive bumps really early on and only one baby so its gonna be interesting to find out gud luck xx

Thanks guys, I am growing at quite a rate. At the start (from about 5weeks) I just had a bump in the evening and it was smaller, but now it's all day and it's getting big!

wow thats a fantastic bump for 9 weeks, did you concieve naturally ? i know that you show earlier in second pg but wow, i reckon theres 2 in there if not 3 (lol) good luck with it hun :)

I was also worried about twins with my second and arranged a private scan as my bump was so big, but it was only one. Apparently, things look a lot bigger with the second for lots of people.

Yes, I concieved naturally. I'd had a contraceptive implant for two years, then the pill for a month. I got too broody, so stopped taking my pill (had a period for the first time since my daughter was born) and immediately got pregnant.

If you've been on contraceptives for a long time, is it possible your ovaries freak out when you come off it and release more than one egg?

I'm getting even bigger. This is me today, 10 weeks yesterday.

https://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a7/hellohefalump/th_DSCF3287.jpg
https://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a7/hellohefalump/th_DSCF3288.jpg

I'm starting to get quite uncomfortable now, my skin feels so stretched and I just feel really cumbersome and massive :-( I can't believe I still have another 30 weeks to go! This is how I felt approaching 5 or 6 months last time I was pregnant.

wow thats a good size bump even if you are havin twins i might look more towards having triplets xx

hmmmm :-o

Well... I'd also get a new car... I could come round to that idea!

lol well that one way to look at it :)

iam getting excited now to know how many you got cooking in there now lol ive never known a bump to start growing so big at that many weeks i hope u dont mind me saying.

ive tryed to locate the thread with the lady who only had singletons but had a massive bump from really early on xx

i was probably this big at 9/10 weeks everyone thought i was having twins but its definatley just one big baby x

I was really big early on with both of my pregnancies and many people asked me both times if I was sure there was only one, so I didn't pay much attention. Then I found out this time that there was two and part of me was not that surprised. I would listen to your gut (lol) but be prepared it may just be one big baby as my first one was! Good luck, I can't wait to hear how many are cooking in there!

Wow thats quiet a bump for 10 weeks. When do you have a scan to find out?

My scan's on August 3rd. I'm definately growing alarmingly! I can tell by how much more my belly button is sticking out each day. With my first baby, my belly button didn't come out until around 6 months!

Wow, that's crazy! Will have to check in and see what you find out.
I was wearing maternity clothes @ 9 weeks but

me a 10 weeks
https://farm1.static.flickr.com/112/315258881_259a018d2e_m.jpg

Thats me at 13 weeks
https://farm1.static.flickr.com/161/340024167_cd04b513c4_m.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member