Hughes Syndrome

Charlie1984

Reaction score
Hi ya,

Has anyone heard of or suffered with this? Dr is testing me for it due to many symptoms i have that could fit in but i was just wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to have a normal pregnancy with this and not even realise you have it? I have a 3 year old and had no complications having him so i just wondered how i would be able to have him if i had it?

Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Charlene

Hi ya,

Has anyone heard of or suffered with this? Dr is testing me for it due to many symptoms i have that could fit in but i was just wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to have a normal pregnancy with this and not even realise you have it? I have a 3 year old and had no complications having him so i just wondered how i would be able to have him if i had it?

Thanks!

Charlene

Hi
I work as for NHS and have a patient with this syndrome. Unfortunately it was not picked up until fairly recently after she came to attention of the vascular unit. The good news is that this lady had 5 children with no complications. She did also have a couple of miscarriages though.

The most important aspect is to keep the blood thin enough to avoid clots forming. Thrombosis (blood clots) are a risk when taking the contraceptive pill and when pregnant - my lady is not allowed to take oral contraceptives.

There is a website which is worth reading IF diagnosed but i would wait to avoid reading up on a condition which you may not have anyway.

Good luck

Hi ya,

Thanks!

Charlene

Hi
I work as for NHS and have a patient with this syndrome. Unfortunately it was not picked up until fairly recently after she came to attention of the vascular unit. The good news is that this lady had 5 children with no complications. She did also have a couple of miscarriages though.

The most important aspect is to keep the blood thin enough to avoid clots forming. Thrombosis (blood clots) are a risk when taking the contraceptive pill and when pregnant - my lady is not allowed to take oral contraceptives.

There is a website which is worth reading IF diagnosed but i would wait to avoid reading up on a condition which you may not have anyway.

Good luck

Thankyou so much, its worrying me a bit but im am avaoiding reading up too much on it as i dont want to freak myself out unecessarily if i dont have it! Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Hi I got tested for this in July. I had never heard of it so when I came back from the hospital made the mistake of looking online. Because I had a few of the symptoms that are associated with Hughes syndrome I completely convinced myself I had it. It's quite a while until you get a result also as I believe they do two tests, one being a few weeks later as they see how the blood is clotting. I think it was approx 6 weeks later I got my result which I was pleased was negative. I think it's easily helped with a blood thinning injection and daily baby aspirin.

Hope this makes sense and I haven't waffled on too much.

Hi,

I just seen your post while searching for info about Hughes Syndrome. After giving birth to my baby boy in the second trimester a series of tests were run on me. My test of Hughes Syndrome or antiphospholipid syndrome came back abnormal. I have had another test and I am waiting on the results. In the meantime I have been put on daily aspirin. I had a normal pregnancy before my son. The consultant said that people are either born with the condition or acquire it over time so they assume that is the case with me. I will be put on daily shots of heparin from 7 weeks on when I get pregnant again.

Hi, I have suffered two miscarriages this year and luckily got referred for testing. All tests came back negative except the APS/Hughes syndrome which was positive. Anything 10 and under is normal and my result was 12 so they liked to repeat the test 8 weeks later which still came back high at 11 so for my next pregnancy I will be treated with low dose aspirin, daily heparin injections and also progesterone to support the pregnancy. Mines dosent seem too bad as teh doctor has seen people with levels in the 20's. Ive read nothing but success stories from people who get the injections so Im not too worried. Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->