Hugs needed :-(

QueenMummyToBe

Mummy to Amelia & Tristan
Reaction score
So my dd is 8weeks and is still feeding non stop during the day, I am lucky if I get 10 mins to have some lunch or a shower. It seems like she is never happy, if she isnt feeding then she is screaming or sleeping.

I was handling the all day feeding because she was sleeping well at night (going down at 9, waking at 1, feeding for an hour then sleeping until 5.30-6am) but that has now vanished & she was up 3 times last night then woke at 6 for the day.

I have nipple thrush so it is really sore to feed but I am on medication for it & hopefully in a few days it will be clear if not then I will be back to the drs for even more meds.

I am just having a really down day, 2 months of interrupted sleep, all day feeding, a hubby that works shifts & 2 other children under 5 has taken its toll & I just want to sleep now :cry:

Everyone keeps telling me it gets better but it isnt. I go to a lactation clinic once a week so our latch is fine, milk transfer great (so funny to hear dd gulping away) I am wondering if dd has a slight posterior tongue tie as her tongue is slightly heart shaped & she cant stick her tongue out when her mouth is open wide but everyone is dismissing it.

I really want to keep feeding dd but everyone around me thinks I am being silly & stubborn with all the issues we are having so I just need some hugs please ladies

xXx

Get her tongue checked and maybe looking at expressing a bit so your dh can give you a bit of a break.

Take it a feed at a time and dowhat you can ccope with. Most likely the night waking is a short phase.

why not combine Exp BF , Formula feeding and BFing (all three ) --Formula only may be 3 oz once a day(for times when you are extremely tired and have no milk in the expressed stash either ).That way you will get some (much needed ) rest and your LO wont miss out on nutrition either .

Thanks ladies:flower:
I am now expressing whenever I get the chance.
Hubby is going to give a bottle of expressed milk in the afternoon/evening when on early shift & in the morning on late shift so I can get some rest, feel like a human & not a cow lol

Xx

Hugs I feel your pain my 9wk old was sleeping great up until 8wks then over night stopped and demand fed 1-2hrly for 3days! I felt aweful having got used to our sleeps! Sounds like expressing is a good idea I have been cluster feeding mine in evening then giving her a big feed which includes bottle of expressed milk before bed and it knocks her right out! Good luck hope you catch some zzzzzz hugs xx

Ps try to get some you time dont be a hero, just give kids to dh and leg it to bed!

It seems like she is never happy, if she isnt feeding then she is screaming or sleeping.

xXx

I want all the ladies on this forum to stop beating themselves up because their baby screams. It isn't a bad thing for your baby to cry and to cry a lot...and before anyone leaps down my throat, I'm not saying they should be left to scream or anything like that, I'm saying it is a necessary part of them keeping themselves alive.

It is the hardest thing I've ever done (trying to cope with a screaming child) but it helped me to think that it wasn't a personal attack. Think of it this way - if your baby never screamed, but just winged a bit, how often would you voluntarily feed them during the night? how many evenings would you spend cluster feeding? how long would you spend in the constant cycle of feed, burp, nappy change, desperate to find out what is wrong? So they scream to make you do whatever is necessary to keep them happy.

So when your child is sleeping she is happy, and when she's feeding she is happy, and when she's screaming?...well she's probably just about to get something that will make her happy!

Are they also treating baby for thrush? sorry haven't heard the posts its hard, but it does get easier, your doing amazing. Keep on trucken! 3-9 weeks have a ton of growth spurts, and she is helping regulate your breastmilk, some babies want to suck every 30 minutes to every 2 hours. remember babies tummy is the size of their hand.

why not combine Exp BF , Formula feeding and BFing (all three ) --Formula only may be 3 oz once a day(for times when you are extremely tired and have no milk in the expressed stash either ).That way you will get some (much needed ) rest and your LO wont miss out on nutrition either .

Any time formula is introduced you have a risk of loosing your supply for that feed. Pumping may or may not replace this...

I was going to ask if baby is being treated for thrush too?... It can be painful for them to feed if they have it x

Hey ladies yeah we are both being treated. Today has been a more settled day. I managed ro express 60ml from one side when Alma had a morning nap. She fell asleep by herself on the school run (unheard of) & I have been getting some lovely smiles.. today is a happy day thanks everyone :flower:

Xxx

Clearly yesterday was a one off! We were up every hour last night.. I started my day at 4am and aside from a couple of 10 min naps (on me) Alma has been awake & feeding all day. She had her first jabs today but as she has been unsettled since 10pm last night I dont think its them.

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->