Humidifier advice

LDC

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm looking to buy a humidifier for my Los room: she's had a runny nose for SO long and now has a cough which wakes her up at night.

I've seen a few in Argos which seem reasonable; a Vicks one for £30 it whilst the reviews are pretty good some are saying its noisy (which seems to be the same on a lot of humidifiers?) and others are saying about the amount of condensation it causes.

I don't really want to leave the window open as it's now getting cold..,what should I do? Her room is medium in size.

Does anyone recommend any humidifiers? Do they work?

Thanks,

I bought one off amazon for around £20. Its silent and seems to do the job. It's got 'air pro' on the front of it.

Have you tried a wet muslin over the radiator? thats what we did to save buying one.
Also, apparently slicing an onion in LOs room soaks up germs... i've never tired it tho but friends swear by it!

I think i have the one you are looking at. I personally don't find it noisy. Of course it makes a noise, but not overly so. Also, i run it either in the lounge or my bedroom and i don't find there to be any condensation, it just makes the room steamy. Although i don't run it all day.

I think it was a really good buy and i've been really happy with it.

Xx

I don't know much about the types but we have a cold air one and I think I would always go for a cold air one with children around - you don't want any risk of scalding. Ours works really well, especially for coughs and colds (and also seems to stop OH snoring as much!) and isn't very loud at all. I think if you're getting condensation you're making the air too humid which isn't good for carpets, wood etc so you'd just turn it down a bit :)

Thanks everyone, I might buy it and give it a go, a lot of the reviews have been by mothers of Los with coughs/colds.

Stupid question but how long should I leave it on for at night? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"