Hunger cues - night time

sezzolou

Reaction score
So far I've been doing ok feeding my 13 day DS when he stirs from a sleep and I see hunger cues, roughly every 2-3 hours. He rarely cries if I do it this way. The last 24-48 hours though he has had quite bad wind and now has a little cold so he's constantly stirring and grunting all night. I'm not sure when to pick him up to feed him.

What do you do at night please? Feed when they start to stir or wait for a cry? I've just fed him as it was roughly 2.5 hours. He had been grunting and stirring for quite a while with his eyes closed but no crying. Wasn't sure if I did right disturbing him.

Ds1 was bottle fed so was on a schedule rather than on demand. He was also very grunty at night and still is 19 months later, I just used to wear ear plugs to drown out the farm yard grunty sounds.

I feed baby before she starts crying at night because she defo feeds better when she's not been crying day or night. At 10 weeks she is still feeding every 2/2.5/3 hours at night so if she's stirring after that long I will pick her up and feed her where as if it's after an hour I'll leave her a bit to see if she's actually hungry, most of the time she isn't!
Sounds to me like you've got it all sorted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->