Hunger Games books

Pearls18

Reaction score
Are they worth a read?

I was never interested as they looked a bit teenage, but hubby and I have loved the two films! So are the books worth it....?

Yeah they are good, I binge read all 3 in about 4 days :lol:

I loved the first one, I liked the second and really struggled with the third, I've never finished that one. But I'm not the most enthusiastic reader

I think the books are much better then the films but I did start to find Katniss very whiny and irritating half way through the second book.

I think at that point it becamse obvious it is aimed at teenagers which did annoy me. They are very well written though and you get dragged in to the point you actually feel a bit disturbed.

I think the books are much better then the films but I did start to find Katniss very whiny and irritating half way through the second book.

I think at that point it becamse obvious it is aimed at teenagers which did annoy me. They are very well written though and you get dragged in to the point you actually feel a bit disturbed.

I agree lol my dreams were invaded :haha:

The first one was brilliant, second was good and the third was so bad it made me angry. Well written though, I thought.

I agree with pp, third one was so amazingly bad it ruined the first two for me :nope:

Yes yes yes they are fab but the third is by far the worst.

i liked the first but not the other two. i did enjoy both films though - i have a total girl crush on jennifer lawrence!

I loved the books. I binged on them too. Such an easy read.

Films have been a bit "meh" for me in comparison.

I loved the first one, liked the second and wasn't overly impressed with the third.

Crap writing but enjoyable short reads, yeah. I really enjoyed the storylines.

I enjoyed the first two but the third went downhill for me. I thought the plot was a bit dull, and felt like the author got bored of writing and kinda hurried to finish so was disappointed in the ending.

I enjoyed the first two but the third went downhill for me. I thought the plot was a bit dull, and felt like the author got bored of writing and kinda hurried to finish so was disappointed in the ending.

That's exactly what I thought, the others were really fast paced and interesting and by the third it was like she was in a bad mood and gave up.
As young adult books go though, apart from the disappointing last one they're a really good read.

I love the books and have read them multiple times. Prefer the books to the films!

Loved the books well worth the read x

I thought I was the only one that didn't like the 3rd book

The first 2 were sooooo good and then when I read the 3rd I was like...seriously? That's it?

I thought I was the only one that didn't like the 3rd book

The first 2 were sooooo good and then when I read the 3rd I was like...seriously? That's it?

At least they rounded it off well with marriage and babies :haha:

I secretly love when they do this with books. I even liked the super corny Harry Potter ending with all the kids :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->