Hunger Games books

I love the books and have read them multiple times. Prefer the books to the films!

Really? I think the films are really well done! I am biased though as I love Jennifer Lawrence.

Oh I love the films too, but I can absolutely lose myself in the books and the film annoys me that it leaves some significant (to me) parts out.

And I think the whole world has a crush on Jennifer Lawrence. The man candy is not bad at all either :cloud9:

I really enjoyed the books. I thought the third was as good as the first two but the ending left me like...Oh that's it? Sorta thing.
X

I love the books! Highly recommend them. Book Katniss is totally different to film Katniss, and they really make you understand the films so much better. The first 2 or fantastic, the 3rd is rubbish, but you'll probably want to read it to find out what happens :p

I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't enjoy the third book as much as the other two.
I think it's cause Katniss is only the symbol not the leader of the rebellion and because the book is written from her view point you miss out on a lot of why and where the important decisions were made.

I'm looking forward to the last film to see how they explain the story, I wonder if they'll do it in a more clear and concise way

Thanks everyone you have convinced me and I've downloaded it....now to find the time!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't enjoy the third book as much as the other two.
I think it's cause Katniss is only the symbol not the leader of the rebellion and because the book is written from her view point you miss out on a lot of why and where the important decisions were made.

I'm looking forward to the last film to see how they explain the story, I wonder if they'll do it in a more clear and concise way

Thissss is what annoyed me so much! She really lost a great chunk of what could have been a great story by writing the third book from Katniss' point of view. It made me so mad, the collapse of the government was going on, the opportunity for some amazing book scenes and you're there in a cell with Katniss singing in the bloody shower, then once she's out it's all over. Grrrrrr. Waste.

Thissss is what annoyed me so much! She really lost a great chunk of what could have been a great story by writing the third book from Katniss' point of view. It made me so mad, the collapse of the government was going on, the opportunity for some amazing book scenes and you're there in a cell with Katniss singing in the bloody shower, then once she's out it's all over. Grrrrrr. Waste.

I don't think I need to read the last one now :haha:

Sorry :blush: should've spoilered it!

Sorry :blush: should've spoilered it!

Haha I'm only teasing, I've seen the first 2 films anyway but still looking forward to reading them.

Loved them! Quite a bit darker than the films tho!!

I loved the books, but also agree that the 3rd was rushed, and could've been a lot better with more thought into it.

I really like the movies too, but usually always like the books better since there is always so much more in them that can't be fit into the movies. There were definitely some changes in the movie that really annoyed me, like the whole story of how she got the mockingjay pin. That completely changes the whole meaning.

This thread is making me want to re-read them! Just need to get through G.O.T first :coffee:

omg yes they are. I cant believe it took me so long to read them. I loved them and flew past all 3 books. I cant wait for the 3rd film even more now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->