HungerGames..

amytrisha

Mother of boys.
Reaction score
I never thought these would be mind kind of books but I'm onto the second one now and I'm obsessed! Can't put them down :haha:

Highly recommended for anybody who hasn't read them yet :thumbup: x

I know, eh?
I know so many adults who have loved this trilogy.

They're brilliant, watched the film last night though and was very disappointed :(

Really?
I didn't think they did a bad job of the film, personally.
What bugged you about it?

It was mainly because of the amount missed out, ofc the book went into more detail but I guess I was just expecting more of the film..

The way in the film she bought the pin then Prim gave it to her but in the book Madge gave it to her as her district token.

In the book once she was stung when she tried getting the bow and arrows Glimmers body disintegrated in her hands and she had to stick her hand through her ribcage - the film was nowhere near as gory..

There's loads! I'm just being fussy I guess :haha: obviously they can't fit everything into the film, I'm just glad I read the books first otherwise I'm not sure I would of read them after watching the film! X

It can be hard when you are really attached to a story and have a really strong idea of how it should go in your head and then are really disappointed by the film adaptation. I didn't find this one bad at all, but there have been a few that set my teeth on edge!

Hehe, I was winding OH up all the way through it with "this isn't in the book" "omg in the book it's well better because.." Lol! I'd still go watch number two when it comes out :haha:

I thought the movies focused excessively on the trio Peta-Gail-Katniss. I've noticed changes but I still think the movies are pretty decent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->