hungry baby

MummyIwanabe

Twin Mummy!
Reaction score
My lil man is 8lb 10 and now 4 weeks corrected (born 11 weeks early with his sisters!) he is very hungry most of the time. Takes 120/4oz of milk but it doesn't seem to satisfy but he can't stomach anymore. Can I give him hungrier baby? he's on aptamil first milk atm.

Hi there, I just posted a hungry baby thread this morning, I didn't see this one! My LO is 17wks tomorrow (8wks corrected) and I just started her on Aptamil HUngry Baby yesterday (on HV advice) - she was previously on Aptamil first milk but is just not satisfied and physically cannot drink any more so I was wondering about baby rice. HV suggested trying hungry baby for a few days first but I have to say I'm not finding much difference so far - she doesn't seem any less hungry and just doesn't seem to like the milk very much. She also seems quite uncomfortable after a feed despite getting lots of wind up so I'm wondering if it just doesn't agree with her. I'm waiting for a reply on my thread as my instincts are telling me just to try her with baby rice but I guess I'm looking for reassurance lol! xx

I will keep an eye out on your thread then! I've read before that sometimes hungrier baby doesnt work. On bliss website it says you can wean between 5-7 months actual age so a few more weeks or even now if you think and it could be baby rice time :) xxx

Well we're off the hungry baby aptamil already lol! It made her throw up and she just did not seem to like the taste of it... plus no reduction in hunger!! so I've just switched back to normal aptamil and will just try and feed her more often I guess - as you say, another few weeks and we're in the recommended time to wean her so will just persevere. Although I found my first grey hair yesterday:cry: God knows what I'll look like in a few weeks time lol!! Are you going to try the hungry baby do you think? It might work for your little one, you never know xxx

haha! I have several already! lol
Doc said to stick with normal milk as he thinks Max prob hungry due to the acid rather than actual hunger so I will stick with normal until I can wean him. I will be weaning him as soon as I can as I think he will want/need it :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->