Hurray! DH is definitely on board!

LadyofRohan

Mummy to Éowyn
Reaction score
For the past few months I've been a little worried about DH and our TTC date. Basically because we always said that we'd wait until he was done with all his PhD courses/dissertation before we started but then almost out of the blue he said he wanted to start sooner (and, of course, I wasn't going to argue! :haha:) So as I've been surrounding myself with baby books (I've read three so far!) and have been shopping around for birthing centers and prices for cribs, etc. I was always worried that maybe I'm doing too much too fast and I'd be scaring DH (even though he stated that he was ready and not to worry).

Well, last night we watched "The Business of Being Born". He found it really interesting and asked me 50,000 questions about babies (I was able to answer most of them). I turned to him at some point last night and said "I can't wait until we have babies!" and he answered "neither can I!" and gave me a kiss. :kiss:

So this morning he actually called our insurance company and double checked that everything is covered (I want a natural childbirth with a midwife and possibly a doula, since this is--sadly--not the norm in the US we were worried we wouldn't be covered). He also took my copy of "A Thinking Woman's Guide to Birth" and said he wanted to read it. lol

Then he started looking up doulas in our area. :thumbup:

I am so happy DH is on board with everything. Being a scientist, once he starts researching stuff I know he's looking forward to it! :happydance:

Now, how long until January again? :dohh:

That's so exciting!!! Congrats! My husband to the last couple days has totally been getting into the whole baby thing as well. He has been talking about it lots. And last night we were with my brother and SIL and their 4 month old twin girls. My DH was holding them and playing with them, It was so cute. January is coming soon, I know I want it to come so fast!!

Aww...mommyB, that's so cute! How have you been? I was just thinking that I haven't seen you on the board for a while.

I'm good, had to work all weekend. And it was Thanksgiving, so we were spending lots of time with the family. What about you, did you have a good weekend?

Wow, maybe if I introduced your OH to my OH, he could pass on some of his excitedness :p You've barely got any time left, what kinda stuff are you doing in preperation? xx

Oh yeah, yesterday morning my DH and I were just laying in bed talking, and we started talkking about when we start to try. And he says that we should just plan on having sex, no tracking temperatures, no silly websites (he thinks I'm crazy for going on these sites, but he doesn't understand what we all talk about on here), he just wants to have sex when I'm ovulating. But I said that I have to track my temp to know when I'm ovulating. He says why, it's 14 days before your period. He doesn't get it. Maybe I should make him read a book like your hubby is doing...lol.

Wow, maybe if I introduced your OH to my OH, he could pass on some of his excitedness :p You've barely got any time left, what kinda stuff are you doing in preperation? xx

Hey fluffyburra, I have been temping but I stopped. I'm going to start when my next AF appears, been on prenatal vits for a couple months now. Eating healthier, and just pretty much relaxing, I don't want to get stressed about it. When are you guys planning on trying?

I'm good, had to work all weekend. And it was Thanksgiving, so we were spending lots of time with the family. What about you, did you have a good weekend?

Oh ok...I guess Thanksgiving and work are good excuses for not being on the BnB boards :winkwink:

Nothing exciting about my weekend. Just the usual--lots of laundry and housework. Though I did go out for a nice seafood dinner with DH and my parents on Friday night.

Lots of stuff--I went to a preconception checkup to just go over everything with my GP, stopped my BC and started temping. I've also been reading a ton of books, researching birthing centers and doulas in my area, and checking out prices for stuff like baby furniture and other necessities so I know how much to save.

I tend to do alot of preparation and planning for things (I had our wedding planned out and everything booked 8 months before, so I basically sat on my hands with nothing to do until our wedding, lol).

i hope my OH gets excited nearer the time :) Must be so exciting to be getting so close and your DH being so supportive :) xx

Very nice, love seafood! I think I ate too much turkey this weekend. No more turkey till Christmas now,lol. I'm off today, so my friend and I are going shopping. Need a new pair of boots, it is so cold here. I swear it could snow any day now. =(

Eep! I admit I'm not a big fan of snow or even being cold for that matter. If it's below 75 F, I tend to stay inside...lol. I think I need to move to a Carribean island.

Awww its nice that he is being so supportive, I wish my OH was like that .He has about as much interest in it as if he were watching paint dry. According to him I just 'pop' it out :dohh: lol... I'm sure he will get more excited closer to the time when we are trying.

Mine is excited I think, but he's more excited about getting married because that's the thing we're doing next lol :p He can't get excited about two things at once, bless 'im.
Wow you guys are doing loads, though I suppose you haven't got long lol. We're trying in 1 year, 7 months and I can't remember how many days :p It's on my ticker.
I really love to plan, like you LadyOfRohan, so the fact that I can't do anything in preoperation RIGHT NOW is bothering me :p Ah well, it'll fly by and before I know it I'll be freaking out that I haven't got much time left!!
xx

Awww how exciting!! That's fab news, you must be so pleased to have your OH on board!!

I must feel great having your husband on board, far too many men are skittish about the idea (including mine).
I know that my fella would be excited if i ever got pregnant, he's just a scaredy cat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->