hurting bad...could this be it? HELP?

cowboys angel

new mama & wife and ttc#2
Reaction score
So for the past month, I've been in an out of the hospital with preterm labor. The procardia has stopped working finally, and they are pretty much telling us 'take it easy and keep an eye on it.'

A couple days ago had a very harsh pain in my stomach, last night contractions were at every 5 mins which is fairly normal at this point, we were told not to go to the hospital unless they were unbearable.

Today, been about 3-5 mins apart. They hurt so bad, through stomach and back, early this morning felt like they kept shooting into my crotch iykwim...

My hips feel like they're burning and hurt so bad. Baby was already sitting directly on top of cervix head down, could she be engaging?

At what point do I go in?

I'm in a lot of pain, but not sure at what point to finally give in and go. Hospital isn't giving me straight guidelines cuz my pregnancy has been so screwy that they are pretty much just like 'well...when it hurts bad...and they get close...'

How bad is bad? How close is close?

When do I give in and go? Hurting bad, lots of pressure...and don't know what to do!

Sorry can't offer any advise but didn't want to r&r, would like to wish you luck though!x

if its as you are saying then go in now, there isnt alot you can do at home but if youre at hosp they can give you something to ease the pain, sorry im not much help.xx

It's okay...they sent me home when the contractions were 5 mins apart and said 'Come back when they are closer and stronger consistently'

I don't even know right now...I'm in a lot of pain...they were 3 mins apart earlier, right now I just like permanently hurt...think they are about 4 mins apart it's just hard to tell... :'(

Considering you are pre-term I think you def. need to go in and get checked. In my experience, the 'real deal' contractions were absolutely unbearable...couldn't talk or anything through them.

set a timer on your mobile phone and click it to start when you have a contraction, time how long each contraction is, then click again to time how far apart they are, make sure you right them down as you might forget, have a couple of paracetmol and jump in a nice warm bath, the water will ease the pain and help you relax, try not to get stressed, if this is the start good luck.xx

I can't talk through them...they hurt... Right now, we're at the point where they said if I come in again, they aren't stopping it...I'll be having my princess...hoping hubby gets off on time today...but that's several hours away...don't wanna call him away from work if they'll just send us home again...but cuz of all the problems with this pregnancy and prior pregnancies, don't wanna ignore it either...

Honestly hun if I were you, I'd call hubby and get to the hospital. You are pre-term and if the pains are that bad like you are saying it sounds like the real deal and you want to be in the hospital for that. Good luck :)

They're slowing down, about 7-8 mins apart. Really hurt, but slowing...

I'm hoping either she comes soon, or everything calms down and we go til they induce me in a few weeks... One or the other... Not this game of stopping and going that leaves me practically in tears...

I just got released from the hospital this morning after being admitted and being giving procardia which did nothing but seem to increase the intensity and regularity of contractions... they went from sporadic to being 2 minutes apart to a minute and a half apart and wow did they get my attention... fortunately they spaced out to 6-8 minutes so they let me come home but now they are back to 2-3 minutes apart... i'm just waiting. i'm going to go shower and take a nap and see if i can space them out .. they have already said that they don't want me to have her for another 8 days... it's sooo frustrating as we are told the 5-1-1 rule...5 minutes apart or closer for 1 hour with contractions lasting 1 minute or more each..well mine last 60-90 seconds are 2-3 minutes apart and have been since about 3pm yesterday pretty much except for the short time they were able to get them to space out :(

frustrating... but at least we will get to see our lovely babies soon!!

i'm in the same boat with my hubby..he took off early yesterday and seemed less than thrilled ..went in late today after i got home and i don't want to bother him :(

Sounds like just what I have been having past few days. False labour I think. Just body gearing up the hospital say as they got to 3 mins apart and then spaced out again. Real labour would not do this they said. Baby playing tricks on us. I feel for you as it so painful and frustrating :hugs:

I have to call my midwife at 4-1-1 (contractions every 4 minutes, lasting 1 minute, for at least 1 hour)

I hope your baby stays in cause your preterm!

hun i know i shouldnt be in here lol im only in my first tri with #2 but because your preterm i wouldnt mess around with this seeing as your babies lungs may not be completly developed yet as you are preterm and with the possibility of you being in active labor you do not want this baby coming in your home or in your car you should get to the hospital so that if you are in labor you baby has the medical assistance it may need. The worst they can do is keep you there or send you home but atleast you know that your baby will be in a safe enviroment.

She was given steroids for her lungs a month and a half ago, and in all the following ultrasound checks her lungs are working very well, she's continuously making breathing movements. The hospital actually doesn't want me coming back unless I am having strong very regular very painful contractions...like they told me if I'm not doubled over in pain, not to come in...

thats ridiculous if your having contractions preterm they should be alot more concerned and helpful then they are being. Maybe call your labor and delivery unit and see if they want you to come in now or not because judging from what youve said it really seems like something could be happening.

thats ridiculous if your having contractions preterm they should be alot more concerned and helpful then they are being. Maybe call your labor and delivery unit and see if they want you to come in now or not because judging from what youve said it really seems like something could be happening.

I agree!
Good luck!

If you are unable to talk through them I would go in. I know you dont want to bother hubby but rather have you guys in hospital than you home alone delivering baby a few weeks early!

We went in last night. Started bleeding around 6pm. Didn't stop til midnight. They sent me home still having very strong contractions. I have a very high pain tolerance and I was starting to cry whenever one hit.

I have just started bleeding again, contractions have not let up or stopped. Waiting for my doctor to call me back, but it's been an hour already so....

awee hun hang in there but once again i say get in again especially if your bleeding and contracting again hun. My thoughts are with you and your family right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->