Husband being a jerk or am I over sensitive?

PeachSalsa

Reaction score
Not sure if I am being over sensitive but I feel like he is being a jerk and it pisses me off especially since I am finally pregnant with #2 (we TTCed for awhile and suffered through a miscarriage a few months ago) and not feeling that great.
He hasnt been working this week because its slow in his industry now and I got the OK to work from home today. So after we both dropped our DC1 at school, we were supposed to go back home and I was to go to the park for a quick jog before I have to log on and work. He goes 'Hope you dont mind, I gotta get coffee' and I thought it was just at the corner store or somethgin close... but no he has to get his special coffee which is a 15 min drive to and then 15 min to get home. I wouldnt be able to do my jog as I planned and I said ok so just drop me off home and go get your special coffee. He got all upset as to why I cant go with him -- um because I have to work! And I wanted 30 min to myself to jog is that so bad.. He started saying that I am being hormonal and mean to him, saying I need to chill out and all. He ended up just going home and making a cup at home but we didnt speak to eachother and then he left to run some errands without saying a word.

Im not sure if I'm missing something but why couldn't he get his coffee and you go for your jog, if you have no other children at home?

To be honest, it sounds like a bit of both. He probably didn't realise he was putting you out and maybe your tone was a bit over defensive and then he didn't react well to that either. What I'm trying to say is that you probably both feel that the other overreacted. So I'd say kiss and make up. If he's being a jerk on a regular basis, then by all means call him out on it! But if it's just a case of both of you being a bit stressed, don't let it come between you!

Im not sure if I'm missing something but why couldn't he get his coffee and you go for your jog, if you have no other children at home?

That was my main gripe! I didnt really care about him getting his special coffee but I didnt want to be dragged along because then I wouldnt be able to jog before having to work.

He is back now and trying to be nice, cleaned up etc but no mention of the morning incident and no sorry - I guess this situation may not warrant a sorry really but it bothers me because he never ever apologizes for anything even when clearly int he wrong.

Ugh, maybe I am just a witch while pregnant :nope:

Did he drive you to take your LO to school and you needed a ride home before you could jog? Sorry I'm a little confused.
If that's the case and you were reliant on him for transport then it is a bit annoying, I'd have wanted DH to drop me off so I could get a run in before going to get his coffee. But on the other hand sometimes you just really fancy something (int his case the coffee) and get focused on that. It sounds like he's trying to apologize with his actions, so I'd focus on that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->