Husband is finally ready to start TTC #2!!! Ov question

Blackrain90

DS-2 & Bean on the way!
Reaction score
We are getting ready to sell our house to buy one a bit more suited to family life, and OH was a bit concerned about our finances with a more expensive house and two kids- I crunched the numbers and showed him we would still be good, and he has agreed to start trying for our second!!

He saw a little girl at a birthday party last week and now is soo obsessed with having a daughter (which is a drastic change from him insisting he wanted to have all boys), as if we have any choice haha.

AF is due in a couple of days and after that we get to start TTC. When we were TTC our son, my cycle was about 29 days, and I would ovulate around day 21; after I figured out that my short LP was causing issues with baby implanting and causing me to miscarry, I started taking B6 to lengthen my LP and got pregnant that month, though not sure if that was why.

Just wondering from other's experience, when you went off of BC (pill or patch) to TTC #2, was your cycle about the same as before? I know it can take a month or two to regulate, but I found mine was pretty consistent from the time I went off last time to the time I conceived.

Will be using some cheap ov tests and temping as well, but we are going to be BD a few days before O to try out some gender prediction methods for the first couple months just for the heck of it.

So excited, and would appreciate any thoughts/experiences with your cycle length!

Before I had my son I had a regular, to the day, 26 day cycle (from first day of period to day before next period). Post bub it's now 24-25 day cycle with a random 23 day cycle in there. Annoying!

Good luck TTC #2. we are doing the same. Currently in the first 2WW:thumbup:

Ah good to know. I will definitely use ov tests this first month.

Good luck, I know that TWW sucks!

It sure does suck. We were ntnp with our first son so never counted days or thought about being pregnant until 4 months in I was late for a period then bfp.
This time I'm so impatient & counting every single dpo & wondering am I pregnant yet haha

Haha yeah, I had a bit of a POAS addiction last time because I was so impatient and am sure I will be the same this time. I have never wanted AF to come so bad as now, so we can start trying.

If only the damn tests weren't so expensive!

I am gonna order some cheapies online, they showed earlier than expensive ones last time.

Hey BR! I remember you from our old POAS-addicts thread! :haha: I'm just now getting my bean #1! :dohh: I've changed my avatar so it's ok if you don't remember me lol

Wishing you lots of luck for #2!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->