Husband scared to TTC#2 because he is traumatised by the birth of our 1st

Tinky_82

Mummy to a DS
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm not sure where to post this - I'm trying to find advice/shared experiences. I am ready to try for #2 - I have a 15 month old already - but DH says he's really scared of the labour bit (among other things). Now it wasn't the best labour and was a bit scary but I'm totally ok with doing it again (DS was born in operating theatre by kiwi vontouse and episiotemy - narrowly avoiding a c-section but it wasn't this big emergency or anything) - has anyone else had a scared DH? What did you do? Is there someone he can talk to? I've heard of PNPTSD but does that apply to fathers to?

Advice much appreciated - I'm desperate to persuade him to try for another.

Thanks

I'm sorry I don't have any answers but my DH is too scared at the moment for another aswell.

Our first ended in a c-section but I'm ok with that. He hasn't specifically said it's the birth he's scared of but I reckon it probably plays a part.

Hmm that's tough. Wish I had some advice. Hubby I remember didn't like being in the room with me to get the epi, he felt faint and then threw up. So he's said he's not going to be in the room next time. It's not like your DH can step out during the birth. Thinking positive might help, and assure him everything will be okay. Not sure what else to suggest. Good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->