HV Made Me Feel Sh*t

At 15 weeks my LO weighed, wait for it, 20lb.....they have just referred him to the consultant as say he is too big, but he is off the chart for height and weight.

I have been made to feel awful when I go, my fave comment is....he is too tall. Umm, like what can I do about that. They are quick to moan but then if you ask them what you should do about it, in my experience they never have an opinion!

I am sure she is fine :) My baby is now 24lb 5 at 6 months

Big :hugs:

The amount if times a HV has either upset me or friends of mine regarding not gaining or gaining too much.

I argued with HV when JJ jumped on the weigh graph into 91st percentile from 75th as they wouldn't consider his length was in the 91st percentile. Therefore in proportion. When I asked for them to measure his length again to compare they said they don't do this again until 1yr old ..... I therefore argued that they have no right to comment on his weight without considering his length

Took JJ to doctors who said there was no problem and not sure why I'd bought him in to see him !

Long story short only been back once since then and have learnt to ignore everything they say :)

ooooo I bet your LO is soooooooo darn cuddly hehhehe..

So have they said what they are going to do about it?

Thanks love..

Oh and like you can help is height?!?

Stupid I tell you...

xxx

He is very cuddly, but in proportion as he is so tall.

I had to take him to the GP who frightened me saying he could have a hormonal imbalance or an adrenal tumour as he also has a few spots :( so they referred us. So now I am a complete scared headcase :( Consultant's appt is on the 13th. They did take some blood tests but we haven't had the results and I think they have lost them!

My sister's son at the same number of weeks was just one pound less and he was breastfed, now he is a skinny rake so I am hoping he takes after him!

Your LO sounds just right to me, a healthy weight :) xxx

Weight is such a funny and variable thing with babies it seems. If your doctor says she's fine, I would go with that. Alexandra was four weeks early and weighed close to 10 pounds at her two month checkup, so I can imagine that she would be maybe 12 or 14 pounds by the time she reaches your LO's age. Honestly, the difference doesn't seem huge considering how small she is and the little bit of catching up she has to do. If that makes sense?? I'm still sleep deprived and feel like I'm not explaining myself well. :haha:

By the way, your doctor is absolutely adorable.

Edit: Obviously that's meant to say daughter. Although your doctor might be adorable too. Who am I to judge? :haha:

From about 3 1/2 months I dropped a bottle to 4 a day (dropping his 11pm). He continued to sleep through so doctor said if he was hungry he would wake. He's still in 91st percentile for weight now. He will always be big but he's not fat.

He's alot more active now too, such as rolling, kicking, trying to stand, all of which burn energy.

He's my chunky monkey but a happy healthy active boy xx

Well Isobelle STTN so she is obviously taking what she needs during the day IMO ?

For example her feeds go:

7am
10am
1pm
4pm
7pm

Bed

And so on...Sometimes she will go a little less or a little longer between them but she generally sleeps 10-12hrs a night :)

xxx

That is the schedule we followed but he had an extra one in the night and still does!! We have started weaning and he has dropped two already.
x

Weight is such a funny and variable thing with babies it seems. If your doctor says she's fine, I would go with that. Alexandra was four weeks early and weighed close to 10 pounds at her two month checkup, so I can imagine that she would be maybe 12 or 14 pounds by the time she reaches your LO's age. Honestly, the difference doesn't seem huge considering how small she is and the little bit of catching up she has to do. If that makes sense?? I'm still sleep deprived and feel like I'm not explaining myself well. :haha:

Edit: Obviously that's meant to say daughter. Although your doctor might be adorable too. Who am I to judge? :haha:

:rofl: that made me laugh out loud and nearly wake katie!! x

:rofl: that made me laugh out loud and nearly wake katie!! x

:rofl: Sleep deprivation has turned me into a completely unintentional comedian I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->