HV made me feel shit..

xnewxmummyx

Mummy, Daddy and Isobelle
Reaction score
As you may or may not know Isobelle has always had trouble feeding, not that lack of, the amount of, and has always been big. 11days early weighing 8lbs 1oz. Today I took her to be weighed and she is 16lb 12oz. I took her back for a follow up appointment at hospital last week and paedeatric doc said she is fine. But HV today made me feel she is having too much.

She has just been upped to 7oz and has 5 feeds a day, which to me, and according to tin, is fine.

HV said if she continues to gain rapidly she will have to be referred back to hospital.

What the hell am I doing wrong? She wont f-ing drink water either.

How much did/does your 15week old weigh?

X

Doubling her birth weight in 4 months sounds ok to me!
You would think the Hv would know that some babies are bigger or gain weight quicker than others!

Sending hugs! Sounds like your LO is doing fine, if your paediatric doctor says she's fine then I wouldn't worry. :) x

Ta ladies.

I hate the contradictions. They are supposed to be professionals but half of them sound like they havent a clue!

1 doc says 1 thing and the HV says another. I sometimes think they follow books too often..

Dosen't make feel better though :(

Considering Hungry Baby milk but hesitant..

xxx

Hmmm I think your baby is just fine. My LO is 8kg (17.6lb) at 11 weeks. His paediatrician said there's nothing to worry about and babies tend to taper off at 4 to 6 months. Your baby sounds healthy and well.

Hmmm I think your baby is just fine. My LO is 8kg (17.6lb) at 11 weeks. His paediatrician said there's nothing to worry about and babies tend to taper off at 4 to 6 months. Your baby sounds healthy and well.

thanks love. your LO is adorable..

xxx

Thank you :) that was taken on his delivery day. He's now a huge giant LOL. Your little princess has the most beautiful smile!

Just stick to what your doing, LO is well, thriving, enjoying her milk. HV's a idiot.
They don't readmit babies for thriving!!

I have never heard of a baby being referred for weight gain so I am confuzzled lol..

:shrug:

xx

They don't, it's total bull.
Just ignore it and carry on

Lennie is 16oz5 and he when he was on 7oz bottles he would have 5 a day. Now he is on 8oz and has 4-5 a day.

It just seems to me like some HV can't be happy - they always have to find something wrong! x

your doing a smashing job hunny dont worry about the HV comments the majority of them have never even had kids but they think they know everything about babies your girl looks very healthy and happy so keep up the good work hun xxxx:thumbup:

HVs just love to make empty threats; it boils my blood. There was a lady on here whose baby was gaining weight ok but having trouble with lumpy food and wasn't yet on three meals a day at 7 or 8 months and the HV told her her baby would have to be admitted and fed by tube; which is of course complete BS. I'd actually make a complaint if I were you because you're following the guidelines on the box. Also there is a clear printed overlay for the weight charts that they should have (it was issued by the child growth foundation at the same time as the charts), it makes the centiles more steep and can show them if there really is a problem or if your baby is really just following their own centile even if its steeper than on the charts. very few babies will be gaining too rapidly according to this overlay xx

Some health visitors are soooo picky and try and find any fault they can. Ours was like this so we ignored her calls and she's stopped pestering us now. You don't HAVE to see a health visitor so we chose to weigh and measure Hollie ourselves and go to a Dr if there's any probs :)

a friend of mine actually threw her HV out of her house lol!!

xx

Last time I saw a HV was for LO last jags. She asked how he was feeding and I mentioned I'd changed him to Staydown because of the reflux and she said to me "looks to me like he could throw up every feed for a couple of weeks before we'd need to worry"!
So angry and I've not been back to get him weighed or anything.

Oh geeze she is doing great! Hv's can cause unnecesary worry!!!

Hey I can empathise with this! My baby is 6lb 9oz at birth and 7 days later weighed 7lb 1. The HV made me feel awful said i was feeding him way to much even though they harped on about demand feeding. For the past day ive been starving him to meet her regulations and its been awful so we decieded it was total crap and we are going to feed as much as he needs to be happy! I think ever baby is different from what i gather, the fact mine eats what a 2 -4 week baby should eat already is just tough as far as im concerned!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->