Hyperemesis- anyone NOT get it with 2nd bubba?

BusyBee12

Mother to 1 and 1 on way!
Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm 6w 1 day today with my second bubba.

With my first- a girl- I had a horrendous time with hyperemesis (I'm hospital unable to keep even water down). It started bang on 6 weeks, (although I went off food dramatically at 5 weeks), peaked about 7-9 weeks and then became manageable having taken cyclizine. But still felt all out of sorts throughout the rest of the pregnancy.

All this to ask- has anyone not had it with their second pregnancy?
For the first time today I have had a few waves of feeling dicey but nothing unmanageable in the slightest. By now, last time, it was in full swing. Could I get away with it? Another key difference is that last time I had a terrible stressful work experience going on at the same time which undoubtedly worsened my sickness.

Thanks in advance for your help. I have the medicine ready to hand should I need it. Hyperemesis was the worst physical experience I have ever had, and my heart goes out to anyone who suffers with it...

Xxx

Hi Honey, you story is exactly the same as mine. I was very poorly with DD and also had Cyclizine. This time I've felt a bit travel sick and been sick twice but nothing much else. I'm 10 weeks now so fingers crossed I'm missing it this time. I've been ridiculously tired with very sore bbs which I didn't get first time around.

X

9 weeks with number 2 and nothing yet, thank goodness, had a few days I thought it was gonna start but luckily nope. Hopefully I'm in the clear :)

I've had it with all 3. I'm now dreadfully ill with number 4.
I feel so down.

This is my first pregnancy with Hyperemesis, still feeling sick at almost 14 weeks.
I didn't have this with my first (a boy), but my doctor did warn me that once you get Hyperemesis, you are likely to have it in following pregnancies.

I've had two HG pregnancies.
Both as bad as the other but the first one I lost.
My daughters pregnancy was horrific for the first 20 weeks I ate NOTHING and drank very little, in and out of hospital all the time and eventually I had a seizure at home and my liver and kidneys failed and I ended up in ICU.
I have to say I think you will probably have it again and to prepare yourself for it.
If it doesn't happen well and good but just try to prepare for it.

Thank you all for your responses... Which show that in some cases it does repeat and in some it doesn't... For those poor ladies who did get it again, did it start and finish at the same point in each pregnancy and was it gradual build up
Or like a switch?

I'm so pleased for you ladies who didn't get it again. You truly deserve peaceful pregancies..

Those ladies who got it again / currently have it, you poor things. I know the agony of it and it seems like there is no escape. The
Only thing that got me through was support from family and friends and the knowledge it would end.... At some point. Although it feels like it, it won't be alife sentence...

We have all been through an awful ordeal with it. I anyone ever complains about normal sickness /"feeling queasy" I think
I would throw them out the window!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"