hyperemesis gravidarum Anybody

Jkelmum

Reaction score
This is making me miserable I have been hospitalised twice on a drip. Only came home yesterday and today I feel shocking the pills are only giving me a few hours relief ..any tips ?. Put this in here as it can effect all trimesters xx

I had HG from week 6-12. Was hospitalized for 4 days due to dehydration. Went home on 3 different pills. Nothing really worked, they just kept me out of the hospital. I couldn't drink fluids that was my main problem. No advice really and unfortunately nothing but time will help. I'm so sorry you are going through this :( I honestly can sympathize. If it's any consolation, my HG went off like a switch at 12 weeks and I started piling on the weight and have felt great since! It will pass, just rest and ride it out as much as you can xx

Feel free to message me if you want to chat

Thanks fluids are my problem they whoosh around me and make me sick its awful xx

Had this with both pregnancies, suffered badly with dd and now pregnant again I'm dreading this:nope:

What tablets are you on? Could you crunch on ice? I remember starving myself so I wouldn't vomit but with the nausea I would be chucking out bile so I just carried on drinking... Taking a sip of water every15-30mins, however the temptation was to drink the whole glass of water in one go :dohh:

I really hope you start feeling better soon x

Cyclizine these are my third type of pills... I have fruit juice I am sipping .. Ice hurts my teeth. I hate being miserable. Food wise I eat what and when I fancy it but often rarely eat much other then toast

Big big hugs. I suffered with HG; hospitalised three times and given all sorts of medication. The only medication that worked was ondansetron/zofran melt tablets. Cyclizine made no difference to me, so keep asking your doctor as there are others available xx

I was hospitalised twice with hg and I'm still on meds every time I try to stop taking them the vomiting returns. The only meds that work for me are ondansetron. My gp would only prescribe these once the hospital put me on them.

I'm 12+4 an feel my hg is getting worse rather than better. Have been prescribed metroclopramide which stopped working after a week or so and the vomitting returned, cyclizine- which had a god awful taste an just putting it in my mouth made me vomit, and buccastem which was vile having being left in my mouth to dissolve and acted like a tranquilliser. My doctors are reluctant to prescribe anything else and keep pushing seasickness bands, ginger(makes me shudder just thinking of it) and peppermint tea.
Feel like I am at a loss my midwife is lovely but not really helpful when it comes to this. I don't think she has much experience of hg :(
I'm miserable and all I want to do is sleep- I can't seem to get any relief this vile feeling is with me 24/7.

I'm the same as you jkelmum- fluids seem to make me worse- especially water and I don't have much of an appetite

Any tips would be greatly received xxx

Back at Drs tomorrow urine to be checked pretty sure I will be readmit ted xx

I don't have any tips but I feel for you. I had this with 2 of my pregnancies and this time round I'm 14 weeks and 2 days and I think I'm getting it again

Hi I have this and I was on just stemitil but it was still so hard all day. So I asked for cyclizine as well. The pair combined taken at different times was just what I needed. I found the stemitil just wasn't strong enough. I find I struggled with fluids too but I'm nearly normal when drinking now I can down a nice bit. In previous pregnancy I only had stemitil and was sick still three times a day and could never drink even though I was dying of thirst. I'm so much better thanks to the second tab. And also I found I had acid. So I'm on anti acid tab. I lost a stone last pregnancy and I'm gaining weight nicely now I can eat with this one. I think the tabs just tone it right down to still feeling nauseous all the time but managing food and drink. Ask for the two combined. But don't take metoclopromide combined I've read you should not take that with others. Feel free to look that up. My doc gave it I refused it also has new study not to be taken more than five days so please try the stemitil and cyclizine. The cyclizine melts fast so you have to quick gulp it with a few after or it will make you sick just the taste. Deep breaths through your nose. You will feel better.
If those don't work you must give them a week to two weeks. It's taken me two weeks. A week on the stemitil then the cyclizine added last week. I'm so much better.
Ondansatron is the strongest so if they don't work after a few weeks get that. Don't give up. X

I'm currently wtt baby number 2 but with my first I had hg I was hospitalised 5 times by 18 weeks and finally stopped vomiting at 20 weeks but the nausea never went away until I gave birth. I tried so many different medications but nothing really helped for long.

I ate whatever I felt like because just the thought if eating something I didn't want made me feel worse. I did find energy drinks helped at bit.

I'm waiting to try until my son is 3 years 9 months and doing nearly full time at playschool so I can rest while he's at playschool but can't do much else to prepare for my next pregnancy :(

I hope you stop vomiting soon and the rest of your pregnancy goes well or if the vomiting doesn't stop then I hope it goes quickly for you xxxx

I was hospitalised twice with hg and I'm still on meds every time I try to stop taking them the vomiting returns. The only meds that work for me are ondansetron. My gp would only prescribe these once the hospital put me on them.

I had these once when I was in hospital with dehydration due to hg but my doctor wouldn't give them to me either. We're wtt for number 2 and if I'm as bad as last time I'm going to be more demanding! I have my son to think of this time! It's not fair on him if I have to stick cartoons on and feed him biscuits all day if I can't do much else!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->