hyperemesis gravidarum whats the chance for next baby?

Becyboo__x

Reaction score
Just a quick question ..

Has anyone had hyperemesis gravidarum and not got it with the next pregnancy?
I've been told and read it's 80% chance which seems high to me :shrug:
I had it with a mc I had just would like to know if anyone can relate.

I've had it with 3 out of 8 pregnancies x

I can totally relate too.
I had it with my daughter and then I had it with my mmc.
I have been quite sick with this one (still vomiting at 25 weeks) but nothing like how I had it before. I feel better in the day now.
I hope it's not as bad for you this time. HG is really terrible :-(

:hugs: I'm hoping each pregnancy is different but I've read that too. Out of interest, what made you realise it was HG? did your GP diagnose you with HG?

I was sick from week 5 to I think week 14, 10+ times a day from 8 weeks, and I couldn't even swallow my own spit, I had to spit into a tissue. I was prescribed anti emetics which helped but not much, I was signed off work. However it did clear up in the 2nd trimestre which I know HG often doesn't, and I was never hospitalised (although came close twice). I was and am still traumatised by my first trimestre last time and I am genuinely terrified of having it agai, so I have the upmost respect for you ladies. I am starting to wonder if mine was HG but GP didn't mention it by name.

AngelofTroy - I was never diagnosed by a doctor and my midwife was completely disinterested. I suppose I have decided myself it was HG.
My experience is this...
At soon as 6 weeks hit the sickness started. it felt like severe flu/permanant hangover 24 hours a day. That feeling lasted until my daughter was born but I only vomited until 31 weeks. Even at 31 weeks i would just feel awful and the vomit would come up bringing up everything in my stomach.
I lost 7kgs in the first trimester (which is 16 lbs and not much compared to some ladies). I was never hospitalised because I managed to sip on water and eat crackers and I didn't want medication so I never went to a doctor or pushed for any help. But it was horrendous. I have to admit I was super terrified to be pregnant again so I'm quite happy that I feel well enough in the day to eat something. I am currently feeling slightly sick at the moment but that's how I feel all the time but manageable. With dd that I think I had HG with, I could hardly move or lift my head because then I would feel worse and vomit.

Thank you, that sounds like how I was but thankfully mine didn't last as long. I do remember getting a taxi to and from my GP (10 mins walk away!) and spitting into a tampon the whole way so that I didn't throw up when I swallowed! Pregnancy is glam eh?!

Angeloftroy certainly sounds like it my gp just diagnosed it from my symptoms and how dehydrated I was- he wanted to send me hospital for fluids but luckily the tablets worked a treat for me.

I do think every pregnancy is different- ive had bad sickness with all of mine but only hg with 3 x

I was thinking I might only be like it with girls but that might be untrue..
I was diagnosed in hospital I went a&è and they said there.. was on drips and had ketones in my wee I couldn't eat or drink without being sick bile(sp) was awful.

Just worried getting it again as I was really bad :(

I've been sick from finding out with all 3 mcs only 1 going on to hg as I was further along.. but my son I had nothing what so ever all the way through. But I also had complications with my last mc high risk ds and a haemorrhage in my womb :( ..

I guess time will tell sickness hasn't started yet but I usually give it til 6wks to start :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->