hyperemesis gravidarum

Claudia83

Reaction score
I ended up in the ER on Monday for severe morning sickness... lots of puking, dehydrated and feeling really unwell. I got Zofran through an IV along with Reglan (which gave me a horrible reaction), but I got 3 liters of fluid and felt loads better by the time I was released. They told me to stick with the Zofran, but it's really not working. I am still throwing up at least twice a day. I have a follow up tomorrow with my Ob and was wondering if any of you mamas have had this before and what meds ended up working for you? I am taking additional Vitamin B6 and it's not doing anything either. I have preggie pops with VB6 too.

I was never this sick with my first. I had nausea with my son and puked maybe a handful of times in the first trimester, but I was able to drink liquids and keep food down. This is a whole new ball game :shock:

Poor thing, I have bad morning (haha, all day sickness) but nothing to put me in hospital though I would not be able to live without zofran.

I saw there is a HG thread in the complications folder where you might get more help.

All the best x

Sorry to hear you are going through such a tough time!
If its any consolation to hear this...
I was throwing up after nearly every meal from week 7 through to week 9&10..
then it died down and now I just get really violent episodes of bad vomit sessions once or twice a week at the most...
and most of the nausea has gone away too...
I know every pregnancy is different.. but I felt like it would never end.. but it did get better and I hope it does for you too!

have you tried ginger tablets? or chewing on raw ginger?
a lovely lady on the forum also suggested strong minties or breath mints to help the icky feeling in the mouth.. and that seemed to help sometimes too..

hope you feel better!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->