Hyperemesis gravidarum?

lilmisscaviar

2 girls, 3 boys
Reaction score
Anyone else suffer from hyperemesis gravidarum? I was diagnosed with it in 5 of my 6 pregnancies. Usually it starts about 7 weeks but this time it started at only 5 weeks. I feel completely alone. I'm tired of people suggesting crackers and ginger ale. Those things don't work for people with HG. Even most doctors I've visited don't understand. They think I'm exaggerating morning sickness. What do you do to get through the first trimester?

Hi Hun I'm popping in from second trimester to tell you that I know exactly how u feel bc I lived it! I had severe hg from 6-12 weeks. I was hospitalized at 7 weeks for 3 days due to severe dehydration. I spent days not being able to even shower I was in bed. Couldn't care for my 2 kids... It was honestly hell on earth. I found myself wishing for a mc so I could feel normal again. Lost 8 pounds in 2 weeks. Then suddenly at 12 weeks it vanished as quick As it started. I was even on 3 different meds (zofran, maxeran and diclectin). Now I'm not on any! The nausea went as did the vomiting and my life resumed. Yours will too. I feel for you. Pm me if u want to chat I remember the feeling I was miserable xx

I feel for you hun. I had it with my last pg but not with this one. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. All I can suggest is taking magnesium and using magnesium salts in the bath, staying in bed if you poss can with no tech or bright lights x

I'm wondering at what point to seek medical attention?? Is there any meds they can offer?? I'm only in week five, but it's been getting worse each day. Yesterday I was I'll when I woke up, couldn't keep anything down until 9, had five crackers and some ginger ale. Slept for two hours. Had some bread and threw that up. Couldn't keep water down. Was like that until 3 pm, had some chips, crackers and cheese. Finally got two cups of water to stay down. Had supper at 7, slept for two hours and then was sick until midnight. Couldn't keep any water down until 4am. I'm right back to nauseous this morning and wondering if I just keep trying to pull thru it. I've been hospitalized for vomiting and dehydration in the past, so it gets me really worried. But I'm also scared the doctors will tell me to suck it up. :(

Hey, popping over from 2nd tri, I also have HG, mine started at 4.5 weeks!! I thought wow morning sickness really is awful. Then st 8.5 weeks I broke down wondering how it's normal to get sick so many times a day for the last month. I ended up going to the ER for fluids as I couldn't keep anything down, not even sips of water.

From that visit I was told if I can't keep anything down for more than 6 hours straight to return to ER for fluids. Dehydration is not good for you or baby.

Btw, I'm nearly 19 weeks and still occasionally vomit still. Unfortunately for me, 2nd tri meant just being further along lol

If you're struggling with water hun try something fizzy. Anything you fancy just to keep it down. That or popsicles!

I have HG and I'm 6 and half weeks. I've just got home from being hospitalised due to severe dehydration. But I feel really good today. I don't feel as sick and haven't been sick, just a bit of nausea. I've got travel bands on and have been given anti sickness tablets. I hope this can see me through until my hormones calm down. I did get a scan yesterday and saw the baby! Makes it worth it. Hope things sort themselves out as I know how horrid it can be!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->