hyperemesis sufferers unite!

Just thought i'd say hello and ask if anyone else is on metaclopramide? My food aversions started at 5 weeks and sickness at 8 weeks when I was put on cyclizine. It stopped working around 19 weeks so I was put on this x

I was put on metaclopramide when cyclizine stopped working, but unfortunately that stopped working after a few weeks too. I eventually got put on ondansetron at 17 weeks after my third hospital admission, and that stuff was fantastic. I was only sick if I ran out of tablets or left them at home and couldn't take them etc. I did have to take them until the day I gave birth, but my DD is perfectly healthy :)

I feel for all of you, especially suffering through this heat. I remember it well, and am dreading doing it all over again lol.

You are all superstars, and just think - every day down is a day closer to holding your bundle of joy :) :flower:

Metaclopramide worked really well for me, but unfortunately they said they can only give it for 5 days after I'd already had it for a month. I'v been put on promethezane hydrochloride now (phenegran I think) and it's working OK for the sickness but I'm just so so drowsy :(

They can only give it for 5 days?! I was on it for at least a month as my GP wanted to see if it would magically start working :dohh:

Did they say why they can only give it for 5 days?

I had it for a month which is what makes me laugh! It can cause muscle spasms in your face apparently. I'm on ondanestron now and think it must finally be calming down seeing as I'm coping on one tablet a day :)

Ondansetron is fantastic stuff, I was able to cope on one tablet a day from around 24/25 weeks too.

Glad you are feeling better hun :flower: :hugs:

So I'm back again for the 4th time, terrified of this dreaded HG, I've got a new husband now so is there any chance I'll escape from the HG lol :/

Hello hope you don't mind me joining in.

I'm 5+4, had a very strong early BFP at 7dpo and have been experiencing extreme sickness since 4w. I wouldn't class it as hyperemesis yet but I had it both times with my last pregnancy so I feel like it's getting there. I've been given bucastem this time but as its a dissolvable tablet the taste is making me sick!! I am hoping and praying that this time isn't as bad as the last.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->