hyperemesis sufferers unite!

sorry for your loss Mom2sam sending over hugs x

hope everyone is doing ok. I am still waiting on my bfp ;-( the longer it takes the more I start to worry about HG returning. Currently 1dpo so fingers crossed for this month x

Hi all dont know how active this thread is but just looing for support. This is baby #5 for me and 1st time with Hyperemesis. Its awful and i salute all you mums who have gone through it more than once, if this had happened to me 1st time around it would have probably been my last. Currently on prochlorperazine 5mg 3x daily and cyclizine 50mg 3 x daily. About every 7-10 days i have a really bad relapse and end up in hospital for rehydration coz i start the endless puking again, this is with taking the meds, if i dont take the meds then I just puke constantly. Just started again this morning so will be in hospital by thursday. Worried coz i have a scan on wed and i dont know how im gonna get a full bladder :( xx

Hello, second time hg sufferer and survivor - 20 weeks with number 2. On 16mg ondansetron, 30 mg metoclopramide and 150 mg ranitidine throughout the day since 5 weeks. Vomiting now under control but nausea still hanging around...bleh. How are you all doing? X

Feeling pretty awful the last few days. Loaded with the cold so I have a massive sinus headache which is just making the heaving worse. I am constantly nauseous and it just killing me. Nuchal scan tomorrow and im dreading it coz i am just so weak i dont know how im gonna make it, also got a consultant appointment just after to discuss things. I can hardly move and spend most of my day either in bed or lying on the sofa. :( How everyone else? xx

Hi, I had hyperemesis with my first and I am pretty sick this time around but I wouldn't say it was hyperemesis this time. I can give you some support though even though I am on the bottom of the world (NZ). This is definitley my last, I can't cope with the crippling nausea and I have already had 5 weeks off work and I'm only 11+4. Praying it ends soon or I don't know what I'll do :cry:

I only have one other child so I am not as bad as you, I can't imagine looking after 4 other children while ill, you're amazing!

I'm on Zofran melts Ondanestron, which just work but taste foul.

Hello, second time hg sufferer and survivor - 20 weeks with number 2. On 16mg ondansetron, 30 mg metoclopramide and 150 mg ranitidine throughout the day since 5 weeks. Vomiting now under control but nausea still hanging around...bleh. How are you all doing? X

Hi, I'm on ondanestron too, which does kill the vomit but not the nausea I agree. Are you off work? I have been for 5 weeks and I'm only 11+4.

Did the hyperemesis last your whole pregnancy last time too?

I really feel for all you ladies! :hugs:

I gave birth to my DD in December, and I was one of the unfortunate ones who had to take ondansetron up until the day I went into labour. I was admitted several times and tried a whole slew of different meds, but ondansetron was the only one that worked!

We are not planning on having another until DD is about 3ish, and even now I am dreading the possibility of suffering with HG again. The relief when that was all over when I gave birth was just bliss! I honestly think that suffering with this awful condition was worse than my entire labour!!

Huge hugs to you all, you can all do this! :thumbup: :flower:

hey

take my hat off to those who have done this more than once. im put off for life just aswell this is our last baby.

anyone been put on or asked doc about liquid only diet? like replacement shakes. x

I can not believe I can join in this thread, it's just awful! I was hoping and preying that I didn't have HG but it was confirmed yesterday. Its so horrible no one should ever feel like this. Ihave had it for 4 week now and I'm ready for it to do one!

How long does it tend to last?

I'm on promathazine 25mg 4 times a day. I go for a review in 2 weeks to see how im getting on.

It can go after the first trimester, I was told by a registrar when I was admitted that it typically goes by 16 weeks. I had it for my entire pregnancy, and if I hadn't taken my meds, I was back to square one within two hours. :nope:

Hi ladies.. I'm back here with #2 8 weeks pregnant. Nowhere neat as bad as I was with DD but I just feel so dreadful. I will never do this again. How I wish there was a magic cure. Nausea is relentless and debilitating and noone understands :'(

Congrats fizzypop!
Its a very lonely feeling that HG creates
Are you on meds?

Thought id bump this thread lol... I sufffer with HG its the most awful thing in the world...my doc said its on the same level as chemo sickness which was quite shocking to hear...anyway iv survived it 3 times with my first my son it was bearable but my 2 girla had me locked away in hospital for most of the first 14 weeks...but I suppose im lucky in a way as its always passed by 16 weeks and never does come back...but those first weeks scare the hell.out of me....im 5 and half weeks now and it usually starts around 6 weeks for me...so I'm counting my days feels like I'm waiting for a sentace :'( its 3am and I dont want to sleel because tomorrow could be the day it all starts...but baby is always more than worth it...still think im crazy doing it again lol...so happy for this thread...somewhere to come when im alone in hospital very soon xx

Just thought i'd say hello and ask if anyone else is on metaclopramide? My food aversions started at 5 weeks and sickness at 8 weeks when I was put on cyclizine. It stopped working around 19 weeks so I was put on this x

I suffered HG early on in pregnancy, in hospital on fluids, bum injection the lot. I felt so awful :cry:

For the ladies that have male and female kiddies....was your HG worse with your girls than boys? With my DS I was sick bad but never needed meds or IV fluids but both my girls I thought were going to kill me...never in my life have i felt that ill...iv read studies saying there is a link between HG and a female fetus but nothing has been proven..but for me it defo holds some truth there...any one else have the same experiance? X

Just thought i'd say hello and ask if anyone else is on metaclopramide? My food aversions started at 5 weeks and sickness at 8 weeks when I was put on cyclizine. It stopped working around 19 weeks so I was put on this x

I was put on metaclopramide when cyclizine stopped working, but unfortunately that stopped working after a few weeks too. I eventually got put on ondansetron at 17 weeks after my third hospital admission, and that stuff was fantastic. I was only sick if I ran out of tablets or left them at home and couldn't take them etc. I did have to take them until the day I gave birth, but my DD is perfectly healthy :)

I feel for all of you, especially suffering through this heat. I remember it well, and am dreading doing it all over again lol.

You are all superstars, and just think - every day down is a day closer to holding your bundle of joy :) :flower:

I'm suffering from this now :cry: Only 8 weeks and already been hospitalised once, and given 4 litres of fluid.

I was put on metaclopramide when cyclizine stopped working, but unfortunately that stopped working after a few weeks too. I eventually got put on ondansetron at 17 weeks after my third hospital admission, and that stuff was fantastic. I was only sick if I ran out of tablets or left them at home and couldn't take them etc. I did have to take them until the day I gave birth, but my DD is perfectly healthy :)

I feel for all of you, especially suffering through this heat. I remember it well, and am dreading doing it all over again lol.

You are all superstars, and just think - every day down is a day closer to holding your bundle of joy :) :flower:

Metaclopramide worked really well for me, but unfortunately they said they can only give it for 5 days after I'd already had it for a month. I'v been put on promethezane hydrochloride now (phenegran I think) and it's working OK for the sickness but I'm just so so drowsy :(

Been so ill, I've had to take a year out of university. Made the decision today. Heart is in pieces. I know it's what's best for my baby, me and my family... But... Ugh. Bring on the wine. LOL jks. Flat lemonade and ginger biscuits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->