hyperthyroid anyone?

NIfirsttimer

Proud mum, new wife & WTT
Reaction score
is anyone else dealing with this at the moment?
ive had increasing symptoms more or less since Ruby was born...and about 2 months ago, while speaking to my dr about my 'anxiety' he noticed that my thyroid was enlarged, he ran some tests, and my t4 *i think* was 40!!!!! he said he almost fell off of his chair when he saw the results come back, and referred me on an urgent apt to an endocronologist, that was end of march, she has referred me on for an iodine uptake scan, but due to the radioactive aspect, those are done via the cancer centre, and the waiting list there is LONG, so that probably wont be done until end of may at the earliest. They can treat it until then as it will give false results in the scan, so all they can do at the minute is treat the increased heart rate side effect with beta blockers...
i hate this. i feel ill all the time, i had hyperemesis when i was pregnant and lost several stone in weight, and its just carrying on now.. ive gone from a 16 to a small 12, and im still loosing, i feel bony and uncomfortable, and im SO very anxious all the time, thats probably the worse side effect for me so far, considering its a scary time anyways with going back to work / Ruby going to the childminder, big drop in income etc, its very hard to deal with all this extra anxiety thats being caused by my thyroid :-(

anyone got any tried and tested feel better ideas?
anyone else i know with thyroid troubles has been underactive, so it would be nice to chat to some fellow overactive sufferers!

ummm i don't know what to say other than when i was studying the endocrine system i remember something about being able to eat dried thyroid from animals that can help rebalance your hormones???
hormones need to be released constantly as they only last a few hours to keep your blood levels stable, right? so in theory they could easily treat you / you treat yourself until a day or two before the tests..... as hormones dont last long it wouldnt affect your tests?
xx

Ive had postpartum hyperthyroidism after each of my kids, after my second it never left so during my 3 monthly blood tests, even while pregnant my tsh was still low, waiting for a radioactive study now.
Im breastfeeding and opted to wait for the test, however my endocrinologist put me on PTU as well as a betablocker, my goodness the difference!!!!
Im still way too bony (115lb at 5 foot 10) and still get the odd palpitation but its nothing at all like before:thumbup:

I would get yourself back to the doctor, its not worth suffering:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->