Hypnobirthing CD - out loud or on MP3 player?

monkeydo

Reaction score
I had my first hypnobirthing class today and LOVED it. I've got the CD now but I was just wondering whether the people who've done it already preferred to listen to it out loud or plugged into their headphones? Did you do it differently for practice then for birth? I can't imagine keeping headphones in during labour, but I'm happy to be told I'm wrong!

Thanks for your help :flower:

I put it on mp3 player and used headphones for practicing and in the early stages of labour, which was during the night and I was trying to get some sleep. I'll be honest, I wasn't brave enough to put it on the CD player in case the midwives thought I was crackers!

I always had it on out loud, I used to go to sleep to the rainbow relaxations.

At hospital I had it on a CD player along with other relaxing music I had picked. THe midwife enjoyed it, said it made it feel like a spa!

I will play it out loud at home this time (hoping for a home birth), and have a little speaker to use with an MP3 player in my emergency hospital bag, as it took them ages and a lot of faffing to find a CD player last time. I want to just be able to put it on right away if I end up there.

I have it on the ipod but actually hook it up to the player so I can listen to it without headphones. I plan to use it without headphones during birthing too.

I practice both out loud and on headphones. I also worry about it being odd to others during birth. Also i think headphones may help me focus better so i dont have distracting background noise we will see soon enough i guess!

I listened to my Hypnobabies CDs at home both with headphones and without. But during labor I only kept my headphones in. It helped keep out the background noise of anyone walking in and talking to me. If someone did need to speak to me, my DH would tap my shoulder. If I was having a contraction I'd just put my finger in the air to mean "just a minute." If I wasn't, I'd pull the headphones out of my ears. I always took them out during the pushing phase, but the longest I ever had to push was 10 minutes or so.

HTH!

During the pregnancy i listened to it both on my ipod and also through speakers. During labour i listened to it on my ipod although as things progressed and got more intense i got annoyed with my headphones as they kept falling out my ears and my wires were getting tangled with my tens machine so OH put the relaxing birth music on the cd player for me and we had it on low in the background :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->