Hypnobirthing Experience?

kfarb

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone had any experience with this? I'm listening to a podcast interview, a woman named Katherine Graves, who teaches a class for it. I may have to get a book about it!

I took a hypnobabies class and I really enjoyed it. I've used the techniques in many situations, including stressful times at work, times when I am in pain or when I just need to relax.

I know that my friend took hypnobirthing and she said that it helped her manage the contractions (and hers were intense as she was induced).

heya hun i did this and it was an awesome experience, definatley worth it! xx

From what i've heard it's meant to be a really positive experience I haven't come across one person yet who said it didn't work eben in a little way for them.

I just posted in 3rd tri that I'm trying my new CD out for the first time, i've just woken up from it and had to come on staright away to how good it was.

Didin't think it was working then next thing I know I wake up with no idea how long i've been asleep for and the CD not even playing anymore!!

From what i've heard it's meant to be a really positive experience I haven't come across one person yet who said it didn't work eben in a little way for them.

I just posted in 3rd tri that I'm trying my new CD out for the first time, i've just woken up from it and had to come on staright away to how good it was.

Didin't think it was working then next thing I know I wake up with no idea how long i've been asleep for and the CD not even playing anymore!!

Cool!

Thanks for the replies!!

Any book or CD recommendations? I'm very new at this, don't know what to look for.

if you fell asleep you havent done it right you need to be able to stay awake to get benefit
if it is sending you to sleep do when more awake and in a more appropriate situation sittign on a birth ball for example not likely to fall asleep then

I did a hypnobirthing course, and although I had a C-Section (my baby was breech) there is absolutely no way I'd have been able to go through with it without general anasthetic if it hadn't been for the techniques I'd learnt. This is the book -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hypnobirth...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1278621447&sr=8-2

...I think that one comes with the CD. If you google 'hypnobirthing' you'll be able to find a practitioner in your area. They are quite pricey, but IMO it is certainly worth it! :)

I did a hypnobirthing course, and although I had a C-Section (my baby was breech) there is absolutely no way I'd have been able to go through with it without general anasthetic if it hadn't been for the techniques I'd learnt. This is the book -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hypnobirth...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1278621447&sr=8-2

...I think that one comes with the CD. If you google 'hypnobirthing' you'll be able to find a practitioner in your area. They are quite pricey, but IMO it is certainly worth it! :)

Cool, I found one...I wonder if I could talk DH into taking ANOTHER class with me...

if you fell asleep you havent done it right you need to be able to stay awake to get benefit
if it is sending you to sleep do when more awake and in a more appropriate situation sittign on a birth ball for example not likely to fall asleep then

This isn't true. The book clearly states your subconscious mind is still absorbing the materials. Just be sure you are awake at least once during the script. Alternating positions is good since you probably won't be in the same exact position through the entire duration of your labor. The book and scripts give all the details or when sleeping through the scripts is ok.

actually you can sleep with the cd on, it is very beneficial.

I used to put it on every night on my mp3 player and fall asleep... however when it came to the birth

(c section for breech same as someone else up there) i was laying there being cut open panicking....

and all the words and music flowed into my head like i had memorised it!

it was really really helpful and calming and i had such a horrible c section birth that i couldnt IMAGINE what it would have been like without all my relaxation techniques etc

so even if you dont end up having a natural birth... its still good!

I used hypnobirthing with my 3rd baby who I had at home and it's really good - I'd recommend at least reading the books and listening to the affirmations. Anyone after the tracks can PM me and I can transfer them via MSN. The affirmations are a must IMO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->