Hypnobirthing Marie Mongan - I need a recap! Am I doing things right?

ika

Reaction score
Hiya...me again! :blush:

I did a hypnobirthing course when I was about 25-28wks and just want to check that I'm doing everything right!

Basically, I listen to the Rainbow CD every night and listen to the affirmations at various times. I try and practise sleep and slow breathing techniques most days. My OH goes through the one relaxation exercise sheet every couple of days (hand on shoulder, arm drops etc)

What I'm confused about is am I to be doing anything else? In the book it talks about "Depthometer" "Sensory Gate Valve" and "Glove Relaxation" but they really only seem to describe the technique? Am I supposed to be doing these? What else should I be doing? And which bits do I carry through and use in labour?

I just thought I'd check with you guys and maybe phone the course leader over the weekend.

Thanks, Ika xxx :flower:

sorry to read and run i dont really know i got half way through the book and couldnt concentrate to read anymore... hope someone helps tho

I *loved* the Glove relaxation when I was in labour :) It was one of my favourite things which I took from hypnobirthing. The Depthometer was useful in parts, and I don't recall using the "Sensory Gate Valve" one at all!

I'd say just try and practice them at the same time as doing the other relaxation exercises with your OH. Have a look through them, try the out, and see which ones feel right for you. Then practice practice practice! :)

Is there a dvd you can buy of this as we cant afford the actual course! thanks
M
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back