Hypnobirthing

My_First

Reaction score
I notice another thread on it, but wondered whether anyone can offer me any life experiences of it working etc. I have had a friend say it was excellent, little pain etc. Any anecdotal stories would be much appreciated as I am considering this option...

im quite inetrested in this too, although i dont wana do all the courses and that im thinking of getting a book, can this be just as effective?? rather than going to the course things

sorry to take over ur post my first =D xxx

I am really interested in this too, although I think I have left it too late as bubs is due on Thursday. Most of my searches on the internet just come up with websites offering courses, etc. Would be interested to hear experiences good or bad.

I am planning on doing this too I started a thread about a week ago but got no responses of people who have actually dont it. I found online tons of reviews and most seem positive I have read the book and fall asleep to the cd every single night to get used to it, the book was a great read I couldnt out it down! I am scheduling one class that will cost $80.00 in January. I hope this really works. Would like to hear of real life stories too :)

Hi everyone. I did the home birth with my second child and it was truly amazing.. If u all are cinsidering it I think u will love the experience.. I am early pregnant again but my midwife passed away shortly after i had my child.. there arent any midwives close enough to me so concider that option again because my deliveries are way to fast.. it was the most wonderful experience..good luck to u all..

Ive booked a course starting in Feb and Im so excited, I havent heard anything bad about it at all! Im not expecting miracles but if it takes away my fear and anxiety that will do for me! Just make sure you get a registered practisioner (the Mongan method).

I did the hypnobirthing course while I was pregnant and would recommend it highly to anyone. I don't think that I would have done as well with only the book.

Anyways, I had my daughter without any medical interventions (not even gas & air), with only 25 minutes of pushing and absolutely no tears or stitches. Yes the contractions hurt, but because you are able to relax so well between them, it is pretty easy to cope. For the whole story, check out my siggie!

I am hoping to do hypnobirthing with this one, as I didn't cope well with my first birth, felt really out of control and think hypnobirthing would help me at least keep calm.

My_First - you are due the same day as me! :)

I'm expecting my first and dred the thought of childbirth pain so I'm really interested in Hypnobirthing. How can you find out about the courses? Thanks!

I had my first Hypnobirthing class last night, the instructor talked about the theory behind Hypnobirthing, the science of what happens in labour. We then watched some Hypnobirthing videos, talked a little more about Hypnobirthing specifically in our area. Then talked about Hypnobirthing as empowering women to make a choice about their childbirth and to not feel scared at any point during their birth. Then for the last bit of the class we did a rainbox relaxation exercise, on the floor with the lights off. We've been asked to practice our anchors (thinking of a happy place when we squeeze our fingers to relax) for next weeks session.

I think it is worth the cost if you can get to a Hypnobirthing course. My course is in Liverpool, it cost £250 but we also got a book (Hypnobirthing by Marie Mongan), folder with course notes, and hypnobirthing cds. We also have four 3 hour sessions, and a private session with the instructor to help write the Birth plan/talk about any worries.

I took the course, read the book and faithfully listened to the CDs every night from 34 weeks onwards. Check out my birth story in the Announcements Section. Titled: Our Hypnobirth story...LOOOONG.

I had a hypno home birth with only just the book, my husband thought i was fast asleep :lol: i just used the bits in the book and went into such a relaxed state that contractions were manageable... i didnt do the classes but the book for me was amazing. I had a 36hr (from when MWs checked me) labour with no drugs :cloud9:

I had a hypno home birth with only just the book, my husband thought i was fast asleep :lol: i just used the bits in the book and went into such a relaxed state that contractions were manageable... i didnt do the classes but the book for me was amazing. I had a 36hr (from when MWs checked me) labour with no drugs :cloud9:

oo that makes me feel better coz there is no way i can afford to do the course but im well into the book :flower: congrats

xx

Sorry which book did you use hun?

Hi I am a mother of 3 and have used Hypnobirthing - the mongan method for my last two the most recent, Athena being 3 months old. Both births were wonderful and I cant recommend it enough. I have since become a practitioner in Cornwall.

Hi, what book was it? I would love to do the classes, but there is no way that is going to happen right now so a book would be great. x

Will look it out also the book Mervsmum sells really helped :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->