hypnosis during labour/birth

Have you had any luck yet Kiree? Is it Natal hypnotherapy your going for? and sorry one last question are you planning a home birth or hospital/birth centre?

i won one today yipee!! im so excited. yeah it was natal hypnotherapy, for hospital

ive been to an excellent class today, the first of a 6 week 'relaxation for birth' course. its free at my local surestart centre and i was the only one that turned up!! so i had one on one session with a woman who is a part time midwife with 25yrs experience but who now runs her own complimentary therapy business alongside.

it was fab, she is trained in hypnotherapy, relaxation therapy and all kinds of stuff. i learned loads about why we fear childbirth and how we can overcome and 'tune out', watched some videos of women birthing who were practising the techniques, then we did some practical relaxation exercises which were fab. it gave me so much to think about.

i know it sounds silly but i thought i understood how fear and pain were linked etc, but she explained it right back to a primitive level- the example she gave was that when we were 'cavepeople' and we were birthing and saw a predator, the fear response would interrupt the process because our body wouldnt let our baby be born where there was a predator. then she explained the physiological side of things , ie about how your body goes into survival mode and only the essential organs work properly, and your uterus isnt one of those. i realise i didnt know as much as i thought!

i know ive rambled on here and probably you all already know the stuff in that essay i just wrote but i just feel so positive, i cant wait to go back!

Hi all,

Just wanted to pop in and say hi! I am trained in hypnotherapy so was really keen to use it somehow during my labour. KNew it was something I couldn't do fully by myself, I did a hypnobirthing course locally and wanted to share that I had a really positive birth. I truly believe hypnobirthing had a huge role in that. I am so pro hypnobirthing that I'm doing the practitioner training course later on in the year so I can help other women feel relaxed, in control and have an empowered birth where possible.

Looking forward to hearing your experiences!

Freya (Lisa)

xxxxx

Oh it's getting ever closer to actually starting to listen to my CD. I'm having real trouble with my birth music though, there are a few songs I know I want but I can't find enough to see me through the whole thing. Whats everyone else doing for birth music? I'm now considering the natal hypnotherapy birth music CD and put the songs I want with it (DH's buying me an MP4 player for my birthday)

Oooh good idea. I think I've decided to buy the book and CD and practice religiously rather than go to formal classes. Has anyone else successfully did this?

Oooh good idea. I think I've decided to buy the book and CD and practice religiously rather than go to formal classes. Has anyone else successfully did this?

yes, that's all i did. with the baby being two weeks early i didn't get chance to listen to it as much as i planned but still found it very helpful and had a very quick, positive, not very painful at all birth experience! :)

I've spotted on the cd I've got that it says from 32 weeks... do u think I can listen to it sooner?

Bubbles I asked the course leader for music suggestions the other day, she said anything that makes you feel relaxed. I've got a couple of pieces of music picked so far but can't remember the names, so will post later x

I don't see why you couldn't listen to it before 32wks, I'm sure it says in the booklet somewhere that the longer you listen to it the more effective it is x

I did my hypnobirthing course at the weekend!!!

It was bloody brilliant! I loved every second of it and hubby was well into it too. I feel super confident about the birth and can't wait for the day.

I honestly feel so empowered by it and have all of the relaxation scripts and techniques at home now.

I'm about to go and do one in a minute!

How is everyone getting on?

I did my hypnobirthing course at the weekend!!!

It was bloody brilliant! I loved every second of it and hubby was well into it too. I feel super confident about the birth and can't wait for the day.

I honestly feel so empowered by it and have all of the relaxation scripts and techniques at home now.

I'm about to go and do one in a minute!

How is everyone getting on?

that's brill! am glad to hear you are confident about the birth. i have a couple of friends who are so terrified about giving birth it is so sad. i recommend these techniques to everyone i know who is pg but some just think they cant give birth naturally and so just don't plan am trying, they already plan to have all the drugs and epi etc

So how are the hypnobirthing wannabes doing? I'm halfway through the book and have started to listen to the CD, another member very kindly loaned me theirs :) and I'm seeing how I go without the classes for now. The first time i listened to the first CD I was so relaxed I didn't know dh left the living room and went for a shower, then came back :lol:

I have listened to my CD 3-4 times but have stopped at the moment as my birth plans have changed and I'm now having her at home so waiting on my new Natal Hypnotherapy CD. Hope everyone else is well xx

I am starting my hypnobirthing course in two weeks, really looking forward to it. :)

YAY! my home birth prep CD came today. Will be giving it a listen later :happydance:
Welcome Drazic, I can't believe how far along you are already

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->