Hypothyroid - consultant care?

KimmyLou

Reaction score
Hi all,
I had my booking in today with the midwife and she was saying that I would require consultant care with having an under active thyroid. I told her I had it with my other 2 children and she only put consultant care on my notes after me saying I was unhappy just to be under midwife care.
Are there any other ladies with under active thyroid? If so, are you under consultant care or just midwife care?
Thanks, k xx

Not personally but my sister has and was put under consultant care. Surely they need to keep on your levels??

I have hypothyroid and at my booking appointment my midwife said I will have monthly blood tests to check my levels and as I'm also on an anti depressant I will have extra scans to make sure all is ok. I'm not sure if i'm under consultant care I would have to look at my notes. All I know is that I will be seem more regularly. x

I thought that too. And I had a couple of consultant appointment with my last 2 pregnancies. The mw today seemed to think it was all things they could keep a monitor on at their level. I don't want to have come across as a cow insisting that the mw refer me to a consultant. My youngest has only just had his 2nd birthday and I didn't think things would change so much in that time x

Don't worry about asking your midwife for extra care hun, after all it's your baby and your body. It's important as you know to keep your thyroid in check especially in pregnancy as it effects all the growth and development.Plus the last thing you need is feeling tired from the pregnancy AND the under active thyroid lol! x

Don't worry about asking your midwife for extra care hun, after all it's your baby and your body. It's important as you know to keep your thyroid in check especially in pregnancy as it effects all the growth and development.Plus the last thing you need is feeling tired from the pregnancy AND the under active thyroid lol! x

It sounds really awful but I don't have any faith in the mw here. I was supposed to have my booking in last week and no mw turned up to do it. X

I know how you feel. I was told apparently that mw don't give out their direct numbers now. So when I ring a mw is only available between 9am-10am each day..unless it is an emergency so it's pretty tough getting hold of one.

I know how you feel. I was told apparently that mw don't give out their direct numbers now. So when I ring a mw is only available between 9am-10am each day..unless it is an emergency so it's pretty tough getting hold of one.

They have a number called medicom here if you have an emergency apparently. But the mw told me it had to be a real emergency tho x

I thought that too. And I had a couple of consultant appointment with my last 2 pregnancies. The mw today seemed to think it was all things they could keep a monitor on at their level. I don't want to have come across as a cow insisting that the mw refer me to a consultant. My youngest has only just had his 2nd birthday and I didn't think things would change so much in that time x

My sisters little boy is only 8 weeks old so can't have changed hun 😊

I'm in Norfolk too and with my boy I had extra blood tests. I was already under consultant care for something unrelated but went back to midwife care at 28 weeks as I had no problems. :)

I'm hypothyroid and had consultant care with my last pregnancy, I had 2 different consultants at 2 different hospitals as local hospital doesn't have a maternity unit, and then I had my midwife appointments. I'm hoping to cut out some of the consultant appointments this time, I have my booking in appointments a bit earlier 6+ weeks last time 7+ weeks this time so they can get the ball rolling with the consultant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->