Hypothyroid detected week 10

achamsbabs

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

A month before I found out I was PG, I was told I had a borderline underactive thyroid. My cycles had been so irregular and hadn't been able to conceive. When I found out that a miracle had occured and I had conceived, my dr told me to get my thyroid re checked by my midwife. She didn't suggested any treatment even though I was 5 weeks.

I had my blood taken last week and my dr wants to see me to discuss my thyroid results. I assume that means it is still low and I need treatment.

I am really scared as I am almost 10 weeks and thyroid is really important in first trimester. So any damage could have already been done.

I had a scan at 8 weeks and strong heart beat was detected and normal growth.

Has anyone else experienced similar? I am so worried..............

i have hyperthyroid i was diagnosed a year ago concieved on cycle 3 naturally in only about 4+3, i have to see special endocrinologist for pregnancy every 4 weeks for bloods and they have taken me off carbimazole and put me on ptu and said that my thyroid may settle as the pregnancy progresses x

Dear achamsbabs,

My wife is currently in the exact same position as you - she's 10 weeks in and just discovered that she has thyroid problems. This, despite the fact that she has been seeing doctor's regularily before and during the pregnancy, and no one thought to actually check this condition beforehand - rediculous.

Either way, we are also very worried and anxious, as we have read that this condition may lead to significant developmental defects. I was wondering how your situation turned out, since you posted several years ago?

What kind of obstacles have you met on the way? Did everything turn out ok or did you have problems? If you can, please be ans honest as possible, we need to know what to do to prepare ourselves.

Hey Father2b.

I checked out this lady's profile (click on her name) and she has not been active on BnB since 2012 - so you might not get a response. I'd try posting a thread in Gestational Complications - or perhaps 3rd trimester group and see if anyone has progressed further and can give you some reassurance.

xx

Hi there,
Goodness me, it has been nearly 3 years!
Well, in answer to your question, all turned out fine. I was started on medication at the end of the first trimester and had blood tests every so often. I had a healthy beautiful daughter who was 7lb. She was over due so I had to be induced and have an emergency c section. She is now a lively toddler and I love every minute! My thyroid levels were checked again soon after birth and medication adjusted.

The only thing I'm unsure of is whether it has affected my fertility, as after a year of ttc no.2 I'm not having any success. This was the case first time but I suddenly fell pregnant unexpectedly.

I hope all works out for you!

I suffered Graves Disease ( Hyperthyroidism) and had a Radio-Iodine treatment on April last year and became underactive. Nothing to worry about this thyroid thing as doctor just need to adjust a dose of thyroxin for you to have a healthy pregnancy. Not difficult at all. I had my dose increased by 25 micrograms ( I was on 100 micrograms ) just 4 days my BFP and my thryroid levels are fine. I'm goinng through a healthy pregnancy and nothing to worry.
It is quite normal that if you were just on the line of being underactive, that you have become underactive during your pregnancy as you need extra hormone to keep your metabolism working.

If I were you I wouldn't worry at all ;) Just realx and you'll get it sorted quite fast.
xxx

Enan88: Just to point out that I posted this thread 3 years ago, so no longer relevant to me - it was another person who replied asking me to feed back how I got on, so it has re opened the thread! But hopefully these replies are useful for others if they are reading :) Thanks xx

Thanks for updating - always great to get an outcome when people search for threads! x

hahahaha sorry never noticed! anyway here it goes for any person curious about it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->