Hypothyroidism and health after bubs...

MollyNorwood

Mummy of 2 Girls
Reaction score
Hi girls,
Just wondering if any of you has hypothyroidism and had health issues after having a baby. I have Hashimotos and had Sophia 4 months ago, and have noticed my health deteriorating rapidly in the past couple of months. I feel so run down, my joints are stiff and sore to the point I can hardly move when I get up off the couch or out of bed after being there a while- I feel like a 80 year old! I have had several ingrown toenails and nail bed infections which take agggeeess to heal even with antibiotics. I have just had my 1st period since having bubs and MY GOODNESS I thought I would have to go to hospital because of the blood loss!
I was tested all through the pregnancy and my numbers were good and I have just continued taking 100mcgs since giving birth. I will be making a DR appointment for Tuesday so I can get my bloods re-done, but really wonder if my symptoms are because I might need more synthroid to get me feeling normal again.
For those of you with hypothyroidism and had a baby- what was your experience with your health afterwards?

Yes your meds need to be adjusted.. It would have been best to go maybe 4 weeks after giving birth.. When I was pregnant with my Ava ( lost her at 22 weeks) my levels were good, had to keep upping the meds..After I lost her I just never went back to my endocrinologist, big mistake.. My weight ballooned, I couldn't function I was so tired. Finally 6 months after giving birth I went to the doctor and it took me almost a year to get back on track as far as my levels went...It's a horrible thing, I get tested every 6 months.. Please go, I know he will up your meds, I think 95% this is why your feeling like this.. XOXOXOOX:hugs:

Hi. I was diagnosed with Graves' which transitioned into Hashi's. I have to see my endo next month (4 mo postpartum visit). My endo said it's typical that they want to wait to test your levels postpartum until around 4 mos when hormones have leveled off. Any sooner and it may not be the most accurate snapshot.

I also have experienced additional joint pain since LO's birth (FTM). I thought it would have felt a bit better than this by now. Some women just take longer- even without a thyroid disease. But I have a really hard time getting up too. Definitely mention the joint issues with endo. I'm going to ask for some additional screening if I'm still having joint pain next month.

It's sometimes difficult for me to suss out what is normal postpartum issues vs. thyroid. Hypo exhaustion or just sleep deprived? Not sure! Hair loss, lethargy, mood swings, constant hunger... Is it my thyroid or normal postpartum? IDK!

My first postpartum period is on it's way out currently. I also thought I may need to go to the ER. Had it gotten just SLIGHTLY heavier, I would've gone. Wasn't sure how I was staying upright- bleeding so much. And.. I ate the house down. Never been so hungry in my life! I'm so bummed it's already back! I'm only 3mos PP and exclusively BF. THANKS thyroid!

I hope the doc gets ya figured out and you feel well soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->