Hysteroscopy experiences

Trying4first1

Mum to a miracle
Reaction score
Hi ladies

I am having a hysteroscopy in two weeks time to see if a reason can be found for my recurrent miscarriages

It doesn't seem as if it will be too bad, but I am naturally anxious about it.

Can anyone please share their experience with me!? Xx

I had a hysteroscopy/polypectomy in August. They also found a fibroid that they removed. The surgery was slick. Afterwards, I spotted a little bit, but no real discomfort. Didn't need any extra pain meds.

I got AF at her regularly scheduled time that cycle....but the next cycle was totally wonky. I didn't get AF for 60 days. No one said anything to me about this possibility so I finally called and the nurse told me this was not unusual, that it could take 6 months for your cycle to normalize. WTF. I was shocked! Neither my RE nor the Ob who did the surgery said anything about this. Luckily, the next cycle was normal, though the nurse told me to wait until I had one normal cycle before trying again. So we lost 3 months. But the polyp & fibroid are gone and that's a relief. I have no idea how common wonky cycles is, but it can't be that common or they would have warned me about it. I hope it doesn't happen for you! GL!

First sorry about your mcs, and it sounds like this is a good step for you.

I had a hysteroscopy in Nov to remove what my doc thought was a polyp, however it was a remaing piece of tissue from my D&C from a different clinic in Sept (good thing she was adamant about checking it out, because it could have ended badly). The procedure was super quick IV in and off the dreamy land and woke up without any complications or really any spotting for that matter. Spent the rest of the day resting and then I was back to my normal routine, but took an extra few days off from the gym. My doc did proactively give me progesterone for 10 days to jump AF, so I did not have a delay like Vonn. Not sure if that is my docs normal procedure, but I had I not had a period since my D&C so I was on board getting my cycle jump started.

It is frustrating to lose even a month, but I am so glad I did it.

Ladies. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences.
We are already on our second month now of not TTC. We are waiting for our genetics results to come back anyway so this month we are not worried about at all (we were told not to this month anyway).
I am having my hysteroscopy done in outpatients and I will be fully awake. I wouldn't be as worried if I was under general as I have had two D&Cs recently and they both went fine.
It's the being awake I'm worried about it if it will be painful. Also if they find something they won't be able to get rid of it there are then surely? Really wishing I was under general but they don't do it at my hospital

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->